Lilypie

Monday, April 3, 2006

Good Shoe Bargains

So I sent my aunt a message, telling her I really appreciate her concern, and I know she is worried about me, but I am a grown-up and I can take care of myself, so I will be alright, and hope she will not see me in a bad light or treat me any differently because I am still the same person - her niece and she can still count on me to help take care of the two cheeky girls.

So she sent back a message saying that I am her niece, so she will love me forever, just like God. Well, that got me relieved at least. It is amazing how converting to Christianity and accepting God in your lives change people. I did see an improvement in her disposition (and her daughters too) ever since they start attending church few years back.

Now if only I can get my parents to do the same! I know I should not go around converting others, but there have been so many examples of how converting to Christianity can change people in a positive way. Perhaps my mum's perception and attitude can have a drastic change for the better, and she may be happier instead of always being so stressed and frustrated.

But my mum did promise me that she will attend my upcoming baptism, and my dad also said he would specially fly back on time just to attend it. In a way, I feel relieved. I want my parents to accept me for what I am, and what I want to do. So if they are willing to attend my baptism, it is a good step at least.

I went shopping after church today. I bought more skirts and dresses for office wear since my boss complains that my skirts are too short. I managed to get a few bargains for knee-length skirts, as well as a few knit tops.

And the best thing is that I managed to get three pairs of shoes for less than S$20.00! They are such a bargain! One pair of heels, one pair of wedges, and one pair of thongs. They are so cheap yet so comfortable. The moment I tried them on, I know I can walk around in them without developing any corns or blisters!

And the best thing is that they come in such nice colours - pink, cream, champagne. Hardly have I found any coloured shoes that are nice, cheap yet comfortable, but I got all these today. Now I finally have shoes to match some of my clothes, instead of the usual black and ivory coloured shoes I have.

Thus saying, the previous week had come to a close. Hopefully this new coming week will be better and more peaceful than the previous troublesome week I had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...