Lilypie

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Godiva - A Chocoholic's Dream ....

Godiva, the world's most expensive chocolate! Every chocoholic in the know dreams of the day when he / she is able to savour just one piece of Godiva chocolate. As comparatively, SINS is a much better choice for value - more variety with slightly less price.

All along whenever I pass by the Godiva Chocolatier, I dream of the day when I can finally afford to step in and breathe in the strong smell and buy just a few to partake. Each time I go by the display window, I salivate at the variety of high-class chocolates on display.

My chance finally came last night! We were on our way home after dinner, when he pulled me into the shop. All along I know the goods are expensive, but even I was horrified when I saw a gift box consisting of a dozen different chocolates selling for S$200! Wow, I can buy about twenty boxes of Ferrero Rochers with that amount!

Even a box of half a dozen chocolates cost about S$60! I was thinking I could never afford to eat even one piece of chocolate in that store! In the end, I chose the ones in bulk, and the cashier said I could pick and choose, mix and match, until I get 100g, which will cost S$20.

So I chose six pieces of chocolate, amounting to S$16 in total. And the chocolates are small pieces, just bite-sized. Surprisingly, much as I like to savour, I have been controlling my addiction. Thus, I have not touched a single one, which is a big achievement for me. Mainly because I cannot bear to sink my teeth into an average S$4 worth of chocolate, not to mention S$16 of his money.

Once in a lifetime experience. I have confirmed I can never afford the products in there. I can easily buy two whole big boxes of Kit Kats with that same amount! Although if someone is to spring a Godiva giftbox on me, I will be really ecstatic! And it has to be the S$200 giftbox, no less! ;-D

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Way to put a hint :P

LeeCooper said...

Chocolates are perishable... keeping them in the fridge is not going to help so eat them :)

Oo... I love Godiva.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...