Lilypie

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bad Service (Again)!

Some time ago, I mentioned something about the dwindling standards of our local service personnel. Today, I just experienced a rude customer service officer. She has no reason to be so rude, no matter who called in!

I was sourcing out for cheaper and more longer-lasting contact lenses, when I called this neighbourhood optical shop. I had been rather impressed with their service in the past as I had bought a few pairs of lenses there before, so I called the shop to enquire on certain brands.

I wanted to know the difference in pricing and durability between disposable lenses and conventional lenses. I have been using disposables all along, so I am thinking of trying for conventional lenses, as I have heard they are more beneficial for the eyes.

I told the lady that I only have a limited budget, and I would like something that can last me for a year and a half at least. When she quoted me the prices, I said I would have to consider as the amount seems a bit high. She then said in an arrogant voice, "If you want cheap, wear glasses! Cheapest and longest-lasting!"

Can you believe that?! Who is she to talk down on me like this? I am the customer, for goodness sake! It is my right whether I agree to buy or not after I made my enquiries! I miss the other lady in the store. She was so nice and courteous, and really adhere to the "Customer is always right" rule.

At times I wonder, what are we paying so much for service for when it seems that we never get any good service at all?

3 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Then don't pay for it. A.k.a. go elsewhere.

Better still, if you happen to meet the owner of that shop, tell that person that you've stopped being a customer because of a particular incident.

LeeCooper said...

Our government and laws are so pro-business that there really isn't much an average citizen can do but simple walk away. Even CASE is a toothless dog.

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie & leecooper : I agree fully!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...