Lilypie

Saturday, April 1, 2006

Blood Is Thicker Than Water

Just when I thought I finally got my ex off my back, some others are disturbed by that particular entry, people who are closer to me than anyone else simply because we have about the same blood line.

Sometimes I wonder if blood is really thicker than water? Why is it my friends (and strangers even) always seem to be more supportive and encouraging to the things I do, than my own kin? No doubt they may not approve of what I did, but at least respect how I live my life.

I already know what I wrote can spark off controversy at times, but still, it is my life and I chose to lead it the way I am leading. Whatever private matters whatsoever, I chose to write what I want to write, so that when I turn old and senile, I can look back and recall the things I have done when I was young.

Besides, what is so wrong with the way I lead my life? I am not stealing, murdering, framing, coveting whatsoever. I am leading a legal life, being in a normal decent living, not like I am doing anything illegal.

So I chose to lose my virginity. Does it mean I am now a loose and cheap woman? Does it mean I am now a bad person and people have to ostracise me because of that? Does it mean I am now dirty and indecent? I know others are concerned, but I can protect myself. I did it with the one I love, it is not like I am sleeping around with just mere strangers and getting paid for that!

What makes people think that the guy will lose all respect for me since I chose to give him? Do not judge my actions or his actions. What we do is none of anyone's concern. I know they are afraid I will be at the losing end, but what is there to lose if I am so well-treated? In fact, I am the one who gain someone who makes me feel so radiantly loved.

The thing is that if a guy really loves and respects you, it does not really matter whether you did it with him or anyone else. It does not matter whether you are a virgin when you marry him. And he will not dump you just because he got what he wanted - sex.

If the guy does not love or respect you, even if you keep yourself a virgin for him, he will still not respect you. I should know. I did not give to my exs, but still they have never even treated me a fraction of how this guy is treating me now.

I am in the relationship, I should be the best judge whether the guy really loves me or whether he is just playing around. No one really knows the extent he has gone to for me or what he has done for me. And he loves me even more now ever since we became intimate.

This is the first time I am so happy in a relationship. This is the first time I finally found a guy who loves me more than I love him, who is really into me. Why must people dwell on the fact that I chose to do it with him instead of the fact that we are really truly happy together? Do my happiness not mean more than just mere physical action? Does it matter as long as I am truly happy?

I know when guys are only after my body. For these people, I stay away. I know the difference between real love and mere lust, which is why I chose to do what I did. I can take care of myself, I do not need anyone to keep an eye on me.

I am no longer a young kid that does not know what she is getting herself into. I am an adult, and I do know what I am doing. If I chose to give, it is my own will. Even if I choose to cohabit, or choose to be a single parent if I do not get married, it is still my own free will.

Should people look down on me because of that? Does it mean if I ever choose to get myself knocked up and have a child, they will no longer know me? I have my own way of leading my life, my own thoughts, my own opinions. I do not need to live my life according to how others want me to live my life.

This is already the twenty-first century. A lot of things are not that applicable or practical anymore. It is not true anymore that once a guy got what he wants, he will just dump you. Perhaps teenagers and younger guys yes, but not someone who is already old enough and really into the girl. It is also not true anymore that guys lose all respect for the girl once she is no longer a virgin.

The bottomline is how I lead my life. Just because I have done it does not mean I will tell others to do it. It does not mean I will become a bad influence on younger people. As I said, I am still for abstinence, and even if I chose to give, I will still advise others from doing it until they are absolutely sure that they know what they are getting themselves into.

Thank you very much for all your worries and concerns, but I really can take care of myself. A bad or indecent person is not judged by whether he or she had sex, but by their actions. I will still be the same person. I will still not do things that are illegal, I will still be there when anyone needs me, and I will still live life normally.

I only wish others do not look at me in a different light and ostracise me because of what I did. As it is said, blood is thicker than water after all. I hope our relationship and kinship will not be strained just because I chose to live my life a certain way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...