Lilypie

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Guys And Dress Code

What is it about guys and dress codes? Or, to be precise, dress codes for girlfriends? Some time back, I remember posting an article about how most guys will dictate their girlfriends on how they can dress and how they cannot dress.

I tried on a mini-skirt today. I have not worn this skirt for quite some time, and I conveniently forgot (or rather, did not wish to remember) the fact that I am probably a little bigger than before, so the skirt did look a bit shorter than when I wore it in the past.

The moment I saw him, he was commenting on the length (or lack of) of my skirt. I could tell he was really uncomfortable. The moment we alighted from the train, he brought me to buy a new skirt, one that reaches to the knees at least.

He asked if I was angry when he commented on my skirt. I told him no, and I am really not angry. Why should I be angry? I admit the skirt is a bit short, and I know he means well. Besides, I got a new skirt in exchange, so everything turns out well.

Anyway, he has never commented on the way I dress until today, so if he commented on how I dress, then I must have looked really bad. Which is why I appreciate his feedback.

Actually, before I got out of the house, my brother told me not to wear that skirt out as he says my guy will not like it. He says guys like to see mini skirts on other girls, but not on their own girlfriends.

Strangely, my guy said the same thing. Mini-skirts are in, so goodness knows how many girls we have seen today wearing mini-skirts. The shorter the better. He says it does not matter to him if it is another girl, but he does not feel comfortable if it is me. Every guy will want to protect his own "property".

But then, we girls dress fashionably or sexily for our guys. For their eyes only. He said that others also can see, so good things must keep to oneself and not share with others. Oh well .....

But at least he does not mind so much what I wear already. I can go out more exposed with more revealing clothes than before. The other guys I had been with never allowed me to dress any way I liked.

I just find it so unfair. Why is it guys drool at other girls wearing something sexy, yet somehow not comfortable if their girlfriends are wearing the same thing? I thought guys will be happier if the girls dress well for them.

Do guys prefer the girlfriend to always dress so plainly or simply, yet gawk at other girls who wear so sexily? Not that my guy does that, but I just find it amusing that every guy, even my brothers, say that other girls the shorter or lesser, the better, but when it comes to their own girls, the longer or the more, the better. Why is that so?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...