Lilypie

Sunday, April 9, 2006

The Power Of Makeup

Many guys I know prefer a good-looking girlfriend. I always feel beauty is but only skin-deep, it is what is inside that counts. But guys, being guys, always like someone pleasant-looking to look at, since I have been told guys are more visually-inclined.

But guys' concept of beauty differs from person to person. A girl may appear pretty to someone, but she may be just ordinary-looking to someone else. Anyway, there is the saying, "There is no ugly women, only lazy ones." If people (both genders included) do not take pains to groom themselves, then they will always appear ordinary instead of outstanding.

Look at the people on the streets. How many can we say that is really good-looking? And by people, I mean locals, or to be more precise, Chinese people. How many are really outstanding in terms of looks?

Even our own local actresses and beauty queens, how many can we say that is really pretty or good-looking? And the annual Miss Singapore Universe pageants, where the girls were subjected to lots of media pressure and criticisms. Shorn of all the makeup and hairdo, most of them are probably just plain Janes.

Of course I am in no position to comment since I am not even good-looking in the first place. What I am trying to say is that with proper grooming and makeup, even the most ordinary girl can transform into someone gorgeous.

Without lip gloss, lipstick, blusher, mascara and fake eyelashes, one's face will be different. Mascara and fake eyelashes open up the eyes in a way no other cosmetics can ever do. Whether one finds a girl's eyes sexy, sultry, pretty or attention-seeking all depends on the way she curls her eyelashes and how long her eyelashes are.

Whether one finds a girl's smile sexy, sultry or pouty depends on how intense her lip gloss or lipstick is. And whether one finds a girl's cheeks broad or narrow depends on the way she uses her blusher.

Without all these aids, a girl is nothing. She will just be another ordinary face walking along the streets. She will just be moving along, without attracting any attention. It is due to all these cosmetics that make the difference between a plain Jane and a gorgeous lady, an ugly duckling and a beautiful swan.

I totally swear by makeup, and I believe most other girls do too. Afterall, what separates my look outside and at home is makeup. I will never ever go out without any makeup. Even my guy had never seen me sans makeup before. I will always make sure I put on at least a lip gloss and moisturiser even when I meet him for supper at night.

Some guys say that makeup makes the girl looks fake. They prefer their girlfriends in the natural state. Of course, if you truly love a person, you will love everything about her, in her natural state.

But for those who complain that their girlfriends spend a fortune on cosmetics and think girls with makeup are too unnatural, do not underestimate the power of makeup on a girl. It was probably how she presented herself, ie her image, her dressing, her makeup, that attracted you to her in the first place.

We girls spend a fortune to look good, not just for ourselves, but also to let our guys feel good that they have a girlfriend who takes pride in her appearance and want to look good for him. Afterall, if you love a person, you will want to look good and presentable for the person.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Personally, I am not crazy about makeup. I am probably one of the few guys who really does not like it. I think makeup makes women look like they are dead - we make up corpses to make thm look alive.

I am also not too crazy about perfume. I find it too strong.

Let' put it this way ... I like to kiss my wife's lips, not her lipstick, I like tokiss my wife's neck, not her perfume (which tastes awful, bleh!).

Being clean and neat is more important.

I should also point out, that Sofia loves makeup and perfume. sigh. Nothing is perfect in this world.

shakespeareheroine said...

Women all love perfume and makeup. Let it be and take her for what she is as long as you love her wholeheartedly in her natural state.

The Imp said...

i love make-up. i will never go out without putting on make-up!!

it's for myself. dressing up makes me feel good. heh. and yes, the man totally appreciates it. slobs are a no-no for him.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...