Lilypie

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Aboard The Riverboat!

I met up with a friend for dinner earlier, and he brought me to the new Marina South Pier. That place is owned by the company my mother is working for, so I have been there a few times. My friend and I went to the Pier Eleven restaurant on the second floor.

The ambience is good and cosy. The interior of the restaurant is dim and romantic, but we chose to sit outside on the balcony, where we can see the sea and the ships passing by. It is a very nice place, dining by the sea. The only gripe is that the restaurant is facing the wrong angle, so we were not able to see the sunset, although we could see the moon in full view later on (albeit just half the moon).

The food is nice and not too costly, especially with a ten percent discount for any Platinum Mastercard. The servings are just right, not too big, not too small, and the service is pretty good too. I am pretty satisfied with the overall dining experience, except the Long Island Tea I ordered is a bit too bland.

Just next to the restaurant, right on the sea, is the Riverboat restaurant. My parents brought us there last week. It is in the design of a nineteenth century showboat of the Southern United States. The restaurant is funded by a church mission, so they serve dinners on all days and lunch only on weekends due to the church service held on the upper deck.

The restaurant is on the lower deck. The interior decoration reminds me of the Titanic dining room, but not that grand of course. Since it serves Mexican food, there are ponchos and Panama hats, as well as banjos and drums as part of the decor. There is even an old grand piano!

The food is good too! We ate tacos, baby ribs, chicken and salmon. Dessert was brownies. The brownies are really delicious! My mum had them specially ordered after that, but just a pity I was down with stomach flu the whole week and was in the end not able to eat any of the delicious brownies. :-(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...