Lilypie

Friday, October 26, 2007

Making Our Time Worthwhile

I realise that I am a tad mean in my previous post. I think I have changed, because people do change, and not many are willing to adapt to changes. I do not mean a drastic change in character or interests; essentially I believe I am still the same, but at the same time I have become more guarded and careful in dealing with people.

Just as much as one year ago or so, I will have no qualms giving my all to sustain a relationship, or welcoming strangers to chat with me in cyberspace, albeit with topics I am not comfortable about. In the past, I welcome anyone to know me, without reservations.

Perhaps after going through heartaches and fending off cyber perverts, I have become more guarded. I do not let my emotions sway so easily anymore. Now I know how to fight for my own rights, who to be good to, who is not worth my time.

Of course I am not indicating that I treat people nice only when they treat me nicely. I believe in treating everyone nicely. But at the same time, if I find out that the person is not worth my time or energy treating him / her nicely, then why must I be the one doing so much only to be disappointed?

I rather spend the time and energy for others more worth it. For instance, if I tell off a person not to talk dirty to me, and he still does the same thing, instead of getting myself so frustrated and irritated, I can just ignore him and save myself all the hassle. Who is he to me that I must respond everything he says?

Or for instance, if someone has disappointed me too much, has lied to me again and again, why must I then continue being so nice to him when in the end all I get is disappointment more than hope and appreciation? I am not going to let anyone else take me for granted ever again!

Sorry if my previous post offend some people, but I no longer believe in doing so much for someone who is no longer worth my time. I rather spend my time and energy on those who really need me and appreciate me, like my best friend for instance, or my other friends. I can do just a fraction of what I have done for some others, yet the rewards are much more abundant.

I am not being nice to people just to have a reward. All I am saying is that sometimes in life, there are some people more worth our time and some are simply not worth it. So instead of doing so much for people who are simply not worth it, we may as well channel the same amount of time and energy on people who are worth it. These are the people who are more deserving of us doing so much more for them, even without anything back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...