Lilypie

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Walk And Turn

The Tango class is progressing pretty well, although I am still a little out of step. I will not say it is entirely due to my partner, who seems nervous holding me. I guess I need lots and lots of practice too, especially since I was told whenever I took a step, it seemed to be either too big or too small.

It is hard to get the steps just right actually. That day we learnt how to dance eight steps together. Step left, right, front, back, turn, right, back and then back at position. It was the turn that was quite a problem, as my partner had to take me on the swing, without making me feel unbalanced.

I guess perhaps I am not that good a dancer in the first place, which is why it is hard to dance together. Or maybe he was nervous and uncomfortable holding me, and vice versa, since I never feel that comfortable holding someone I have no feelings for in such close proximity.

Still, I must learn how to dance the basic steps at least. Our instructors told us that there is a social tango dance party this weekend, and invited us to attend. Perhaps I shall go, then I can practice my steps even more, and perhaps dancing with different people can help improve my technique?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...