Lilypie

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Dating "Experience"

My trip to Bintan is off! It is not that I cannot get the villa, because there are still vacancies, but rather, there is no one to go with now, and my mum will never allow me to go on my own. Besides, what good is a villa trip by the ocean and the beach if I am to be all alone with no one to enjoy with?

Actually, I think if I am to really ask, there will be several guys interested in going with me. But a pity they are the ones I do not want to go with. I will never go on a holiday with anyone unless I really trust the person, but those guys I trust are those that will never dream of going on a holiday with a girl who is not the girlfriend! Well, at least I still know some gentlemen around. :-)

My Google Ads directed me to this website which seems pretty interesting. It is not an online site where any Tom, Dick or Harry can go in and fake some credentials, which is why I only reply to profiles I deem real and interesting enough, but a real matchmaking service where the consultants will give you character and personality profiling and find the best match for you in terms of compatibility and your own criteria.

Hmmm.. maybe I should give it a try. I called the company up earlier on and was told that they only take in people who are serious and committed in finding the right person to settle down with, but somehow never able to find any on their own, and not just mere having fun dating different people and making more friends. I made an appointment for tomorrow.

Earlier this year, when I decided to leave a certain someone, I took the plunge and registered myself with It's Just Lunch!, one of the lunch dating agencies in town. The package is for a twelve-month membership period, where we are entitled to twelve dates.

If in the event we used up twelve dates before a year, any extra will be complimentary. Of if we have not used up twelve dates in a year, the membership will be extended until all twelve dates have been used up.

Within two months or so, I had gone on eleven dates, which means an average of one date per week. I got to know about five friends there, as in we actually kept in contact. There was one disaster where the fellow was so rude and uncouth, one where the fellow was really pushy and finally I had to tell him to leave me alone!

As for the rest we met once and never kept in contact after that. It was a fun experience, except the profiles of the guys I was set up with were not really that compatible as the consultants claimed! Or maybe because I was having too high expectations again. :-p

Then I put my membership on hold, as I met that guy (through other avenues) and decided to try and see if love could develop between us. It has been four months now, and I am thinking of reactivating the membership, because I still have eight months to go (not including the period I was on hold), and no refund would be made if I put it on hold since all memberships on hold would automatically be deleted after a year of being on hold.

I do not know if it is a stroke of coincidence, but the other lunch dating agency, Lunch Actually, called me a few days back and asked me if I would like to try their services. Perhaps they took my number the last time I went there when they did not take me in as they could not find anyone matching to what I want. Nevertheless, I thought of just giving a try and see if there have been any differences to the database since then, so I made an appointment for after work today.

The difference between dating agencies and online services is that with the former, the people are actually screened through by the consultants, so their credentials and profiles are real, thus more trustworthy, whereas for online sites, some may not be real. I am not saying all are not real, but then there are quite a number of funny people telling the untruth in cyberspace.

Still, I met a few friends and a couple of potential mates online, and we are still in contact. I have not been as lucky as my best friend or my university mate to meet their spouses online, at least not yet. For me, out of every ten guys I met online, only two are normal and real enough; the rest just "cannot make it".

My online profiles have since been deactivated when I got to know him, the same time as I put my lunch dating membership on hold. Recently I just reactivated it, but if I do sign up for the packages at the Exclusive Match company, I will deactivate my online profile again, to prevent the hassle from meeting the wrong type of people again. Afterall, there are many other ways to meet people, and one does not need to handle irritants.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I low your dating experience, thanks for share these! how to get a girl attracted to you

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...