Lilypie

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Bad Date!

I went on another date last night recommended by Exclusive Match, and it was not much better than the one a few days ago. At least this time the guy is nicer, more gentle and caring, but still, I did not have a good first impression.

We were supposed to meet at an Italian restaurant in town, so I wore a white sleeveless dress with heels and makeup. For a first date, especially in a restaurant in town, it is better to be a bit more over-dressed than under-dressed. A pity not many people realise that.

He was late for fifteen minutes. The agent gave him my number (with my permission) before the date, and he sent me a greeting in the morning, so there was no excuse for not informing if he was going to be late!

I could have contacted him since I have his number, but did not as I figured why should I be the one to ask if he was not even courteous enough to say if he was going to be held up? Sometimes we girls have to exercise some restraint so as not to appear "too eager".

Secondly, he is another bad dresser. Okay, I am biased, but I prefer guys who know how to dress at least. That does not mean they have to wear formally all the time, but at least they should know what looks good on them and what does not, and how to mix and match and appear clean-cut, even in casual wear.

The restaurant we were sent to has a cosy, romantic ambience to it. But he came in jeans and a shirt that totally does not look good on him! Even if he had not been to the place before, at least for a first date, let alone a blind date, he should be a bit more dressy. In fact, when I saw him outside the restaurant looking in, my heart was saying, "Please don't let it be him", but well.. my wishes never come true.

I am not saying that this guy is not good. He is rather gentle and soft-spoken, but somehow we do not seem to have common conversation topics. The things I say he could not relate, and I ended up having to explain myself. The things he say I could not relate, and I was making a big effort not to appear too bored.

He was talking about his army life and his church retreats. I never minded anyone sharing religion with me, but I felt like I was attending a sermon all over again! He spent a large part of the date talking about the church retreats and activities he is involved in. Pretty interesting at first, but after the first hour, I was hoping he could change a topic because there are so many other things to talk about besides just religion!

A date should make a person feel comfortable and at ease, but somehow with this guy, it felt like such a chore sitting through dinner and the conversation that it was a relief when it finally ended. He asked me to go for mass with him the following week, but I have yet to reply.

So my conclusion is that it is not a good date. I did not enjoy myself at all. If I am to meet someone again, even as a friend, I must be able to enjoy his / her company in the first place, and not get bored with him / her.

I will not mind meeting someone again only if I had a great time after the first meeting, otherwise the rest will be probably kept at acquaintance level the most. Afterall, with everyone being so busy, we should be more selective who to hang out with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...