Lilypie

Friday, October 19, 2007

Road Tests! (Part Trios)

I went for another round of road test last weekend. This time, I tested higher-end cars, like the Citroen C4 Hatchback, Opel Astra TwinTop convertible, the Jaguar S (otherwise known as the Baby Jaguar), the Chrysler 300C, and the Renault Megane Coupe Cabriolet.

The Citroen feels like any normal sedan, not too bumpy, pretty smooth ride for the passenger. Since it is a rear-wheel car, the journey should not be too rough. The Opel Astra TwinTop is a hard top convertible. The top can be put up or down even when the car is in motion, unlike other convertibles where the car has to be stationary for the top to be up or down.

I went two rounds in the car, first with the top up, the second with the top down. I must say, cruising around in a convertible is really lovely! I get the feel of the wind in my hair, not to mention the gawking eyes of the rest of the drivers on the road!

I was pretty apprehensive while riding in the Jaguar. Afterall, Jaguars to me is what the Brunei Sultan is to Brunei, or the Queen to Britain. Grand, royal, and untouchable. Needless to say, I was so excited, but at the same time worried I might dirty the car or scratch it in any way. Still, it was a very good ride; afterall, one can never expect anything less of a Jaguar!

The Chrysler 300C is a big car. Somehow, I do not like the shape of it, and the ride is just okay, nothing much to really rave about. The car suits middle-aged wealthy businessmen, but for me (and I guess people my age), we rather settle for something hippier and cooler.

The Renault Megane convertible is the coolest! Apparently, it is the only convertible so far with a glass top, instead of a hard top or soft top. The ride is great! The car can zoom on the street so fast, and with the top down, I can feel the wind gushing by. The feeling is just on top of the world! My only gripe is that the glass top cannot be slided or opened in any way, otherwise it can be used as a sun roof as well.

Three rounds of road tests, three rounds of different types of cars. It has been a very interesting and enriching experience for me. So what is my final verdict? Convertibles are still the best! What about for my own use? The Mini Cooper S all the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...