Lilypie

Friday, October 12, 2007

Another Night At The Gym

I kept meaning to update this but kept dragging on. Anyway, I went for another gym session last week, this time at another fitness centre. Since I had the two-week trial membership, which had since expired, I went to try out the facilities.

First up was the exercise bike. I wanted the treadmill actually but all were full. I set the bike to Uphill, Random, 20 Minutes, then started paddling. Just as well the big television screen was in front of me, so I could watch Channel News Asia while sweating out at the same time. It helps to keep the mind focused, as before I knew it, twenty minutes was over, I had paddled six kilometres uphill, and burnt one hundred and sixty-five calories! Not a bad feat!

The next machine I tried was something to exercise my arms. Apparently I was doing it the wrong way, as a trainer went by and showed me the proper way to use it. This machine let me sit on the seat, with the chest rest, then pull two handles using the biceps. I wanted to try hundred, but could only manage fifty!

After that, I wandered around the gym, looking for another interesting machine, when I met the same trainer, who then showed me how to use some other machines. So I started working out my arms, legs, and abs. By the end of the short session, my arms and thighs were aching!

I wanted to stay in the gym for a couple of hours at least, but after an hour or so, I was too sore to do anything else, so decided to quit while ahead and go home whilst I could still move about. At least I get to know more of the various workout machines, so perhaps if I ever have my own gym one of these days, I can practise in it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...