Lilypie

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Da Vinci In Town

I was supposed to meet that guy in Da Vinci Italian Restaurant somewhere in town. That restaurant is shared by a Mexican Restaurant, so it serves both Italian and Mexican food. The place is owned by Indians, with Indian waiters and chefs, but the food is not too bad, although the servings are a bit too large for me. Ever since I lost some weight, my food intake has decreased.

The restaurant is a small cosy place with just a few tables. Honestly, if I was not told to go there, I would never have known this place exists, because it is such a small place that people tend to miss it even if they pass by it.

The interior of the restaurant is dim and cosy, with a romantic aura around. There is hardly any lights, and the table is lit up by candlelight. Really a perfect place to go for a candlelight dinner with a special someone!

There is a huge portrait of the Mona Lisa hanging on the wall inside the restaurant. There are also framed pictures of Da Vinci's other works, like The Virgin and Child with St Anne, Leda and the Swan, Virgin of the Rocks and the infamous Vitruvian Man of course.

The restaurant itself is a good conversation topic. Afterall, Da Vinci's works are classics! One can talk about the Mona Lisa, and the other portraits, and the Da Vinci Code, but unfortunately, my date was clueless about any of these. He even asked me if the Mona Lisa's portrait is real, to which I answered "No, the real one is at the Louvre Museum in France", and for that, I had to explain what the Louvre Museum is and what it contains.

The service is good too. Prompt, efficient and polite. At least I get to know a new dining place which I would otherwise not have discovered. I will not mind going there again, hopefully with someone special, then we can get to enjoy the ambience to the fullest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...