Lilypie

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Road Tests! (Part Deux)

I went for another road test on Sunday, this time for Volvo, Volkswagen and Saab models. First up was the Volvo S60, a sleek salon almost on par with the BMW 3 Series we tested a week ago. The ride was smooth, the seat comfortable, and the car seems more performance-driven. Although with that kind of price, one rather get the BMW or Mercedes.

What really caught my eye was the Volvo C70, a sexy, chic-looking car, that looks just as good as the Lexus SC 430. Wow, to imagine driving a car like that on the streets, heads will turn! Not to mention wolf-whistling, and a great way to attract guys... the wrong type of guys I mean. A pity I did not manage to test that though.

Next up was the Volkswagen Beetle. Initially I wanted to try the Beetle Cabriolet convertible, but the sales person said that was not for trial as they have not bought insurance for it. So I ended up trying the normal Beetle instead.

That was a disappointment. No doubt the car is small enough for me, as in I was able to get into the driver's seat and it was just right, need not adjust anything. But perhaps because of the way it was shaped, the car caused me to bump my head everywhere due to the low top. And it runs on only 120 horsepower, so it is just a car to cruise along, not speed. Comparing the Beetle with the Mini Cooper, I will much prefer the latter anytime!

Finally I tested the SAAB 9-3 Sports Sedan. That is a powerful car .... to drive that is. Not for passengers. The ride was bumpy and jerky, probably due to the fact that Scandinavian cars are front-wheel driven due to the snowy climate and hilly geography. However, it is precisely because of this that the ride becomes rather uncomfortable for backseat passengers. I almost got motion sickness despite the short drive!

It has been pretty exciting test-driving the cars. At least I can still get to see the differences between the makes and technology of the various cars, and get to ride nice cars for free! What can be more exciting than that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...