Lilypie

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Black Tie Affair

My new colleagues said I am very lucky to join the company at this time because I came in just in time to attend the company's Dinner and Dance earlier on. Due to this, all those who were attending were able to be released from work at three in the afternoon.

The theme is Black Tie / Evening Wear, so I wore my black strappy gown with a cross back, together with crystal earrings and necklace.

When I reached the ballroom, I was served canapes and cocktails in the reception area. I noticed that everyone was dressed to the theme, ladies were in formal gowns and four-inch stilettos and some even went for a makeover and hairdo session, and the men were dressed in suits with bow ties.

When it was time to enter the ballroom, I saw that it was nicely decorated. We had a menu of western fine dining dishes with alternative entrees. The emcee was really great and the entertainer was good too!

As with any company event, the dinner started off with the awards ceremony, followed by the entertaining show, and the lucky draws. Food was served along the way.

The lucky draw prizes were highly sought after - four iPod Touches, two iPads, two iPhone 4s, one MacBook Air and three travel vouchers of one thousand five to two thousand five. To the disappointment of my dear, I did not manage to win any of the iPads. To the disappointment of myself, I did not manage to win the MacBook Air.

The door gifts consist of twenty dollars worth of taxi vouchers and ninety dollars worth of shopping vouchers. Great, I can get my Christmas shopping done already!

The whole event ended near to midnight. After that I called a cab back and used up two of the cab vouchers. It had been a fun and interesting event, I only hope all other Dinner and Dance can be just as fun and classy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...