Lilypie

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Door To Door Tuition

I have not given tuition for quite a while, except for the two-month stint at a tuition centre conducting English lessons for a group of four children earlier this year. I have always been looking out for tutoring assignments and have applied for quite a lot but most of the time I have not been able to get it.

Recently, I applied for a job tutoring a kindergarten boy English. He will be going to primary school next year. A week later the agent replied and said I got the job and was asked to start the first lesson today.

So I went over to the boy's abode earlier. He seems a rather bright boy, able to speak and read well. However there are some phonics and grammar which he is still unsure about and his mother would like him to familiarize himself with the consonants and pronunciation of the words.

Today, being the first lesson, I went through some reading and common words with him, then had a chat with the mother. Overall the boy is not too bad, except he cannot sit still like a typical kid. I have come across worse kids.

The agent initially fixed the tuition day as every Saturday, three in the afternoon, once a week, an hour and a half each. However I prefer not to disrupt Saturday afternoons so I had the time switched to every Tuesday at half past seven in the evening, so I can drop by after work, and the parent is fine with it.

This Tuesday will be my second lesson. Hopefully the next session will go smoother than this first one!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...