Lilypie

Friday, December 24, 2010

Celebrations On The Eve

It has been a wonderful Christmas Eve so far. We had an office party today for Christmas lunch. My office had an open house where parents could bring their kids in and the kids were having a blast going around wishing everyone Merry Christmas and distributing candy. I got another gift from my colleague - an orange-flavoured Body Butter, which I feel bad about because I have not prepared many gifts this year.

Then my dear specially ordered a log cake and brought it to my place. My mum asked him to choose three gifts for himself - a Christmas cake, a basket of honey-baked ham, and a bottle of wine.

I thought he would choose the ham because firstly, it is his favourite, and secondly, what is Christmas without honey-baked ham? Besides it is expensive and not sold any other time of the year. So anyone would have chosen the ham because it is such a rare opportunity one can get the ham for free. (Although if it is me, I would have chosen the cake instead because it is more likely the cake would be utilized than the ham.)

So I was expecting him to choose the ham but he chose the bottle of wine instead, and my mum packaged a bottle of Brown Brothers' Cienna (what else?) for him.

When I queried him, he said yes, anyone else would have chosen the ham, but he felt he should leave the best things for us hence chose the wine instead as it is the lower cost between the two.

I could not help grinning from ear to ear when I heard that as I was just so happy inside!

We will be attending mass then going to his aunt's place for a Christmas celebration later on. I am in such a good mood now that I am just so looking forward to the Christmas weekend!

Have a happy Christmas, everyone!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...