Lilypie

Friday, December 17, 2010

Trying Out MARCOM

Today we went for a meeting for the Public Relations and Communications group of CHARIS. CHARIS is a branch of Caritas (the Catholic Humanitarian and social mission group), and CHARIS was newly set up to help coordinate mission trips and outreach to the poor and marginalized.

In any case, it was a meeting consisting of volunteers. There were three aspects - print media in the Catholic Newsletter, website design and maintenance, as well as helping out at the Humanitarian Day next year.

For those who chose the third option, it would be more of a MARCOM role, as we would need to distribute flyers, write and publish on the Catholic Newsletter, do fund-raising, marketing and even public relations.

Sounds interesting and something I like to do, so I volunteered for the Humanitarian Day while he chose writing for Catholic Newsletter.

I have always been interested in the communications line, but now after so many years of doing unrelated stuff, it will be hard to start over in the communications line with no experience and relevant qualifications.

Hence the only time I can be involved is to try out MARCOM and other forms of media communications in other ways. I am not sure if I will be able to handle this since it is a totally new thing for me, but since this is part of my initiative to contribute my part to make a difference, I just hope I will be able to do it well.

I was told the Humanitarian Day group would contact us separately to schedule a meeting and brief us on what is required. Think this is going to be another exciting thing!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...