Lilypie

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Volunteering For Chingay

I will be involved in the Chingay procession next year, not as a dancer but a volunteer. I suspect it will be something like what I did for the Youth Olympics a few months back.

Actually it was my dear who signed us up for this. I did not know we would get selected so when the notice came that we were put down as volunteers, it was kind of a surprise. But I still decide to go ahead because how many other times can one have this kind of opportunity?

A brief overview : Chingay is a dance procession held on the first weekend after Chinese New Year to celebrate the Festival. Some people liken it to a mini Mardi Gras but I feel there is no basis for comparison. Still the procession will go on for about the whole evening.

We have received our volunteer dates. There would be three rehearsals before the actual procession so I foresee myself busy again in January and February!

Hopefully this will be even more fun than the Youth Olympics!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...