Lilypie

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dumb Or Dumber?

Today marks my first month with the new company. Culture wise I would say it is better than the previous companies I have worked for since it is an American company hence I am more able to relate to the way they do things.

Work wise it is very intense. Everyone is so busy. I am much busier than before but it is preferable to having nothing much to do. Because it is a healthcare company that deals with people's lives, we need to be all the more careful when we agree to any transaction. Any wrong step can cause us to be sued in millions.

Colleagues wise they are really good. I have been made to feel very welcome on my first day. The Executive Assistant of my department has been so wonderful that I am really overwhelmed!

Yet why do I keep making mistakes? The kind of work is similar to what I have been doing. Afterall how different does a document look? There will always be standard terms and conditions and clauses.

No one ever had any issues with my drafting at all. Yet now everyday someone picks on my drafting, saying I should not do this or that. What makes things worse is that one boss can say my drafting is perfect yet the other boss can say I should do it this and that way.

This should not be an issue except now I seem to be making mistakes everyday! If it is not the way I draft the agreement, it is the phrasing, the language, even things like whether the key word should be reflected in capitals or small letters! All of a sudden, whatever I have learnt and experienced became undone!

I feel so bad because I was hired on the basis that they feel I can do the work. Now I am making mistakes everyday! I have never made so many mistakes before! Everyone is so busy, why should they be obligated to keep checking my work and telling me I have mistakes? Sooner or later, they will think I actually cannot work and terminate me!

First time in my life I feel so dumb and helpless. I have never felt so useless where my job is concerned at all! So much so that I even dreamt that the big boss came to my place with my immediate boss in tow and fired me on the spot! It will really be a nightmare come true if that happens!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...