Lilypie

Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 10, Welcome 11

Today is the last day of 2010. With just a few more hours to go to 2011, it is time to do an annual reflection on how the year had gone.

2010 had been a fruitful year as there seems to be something on every month. This was the year I took the plunge to become a cathechist in church, as well as the year I became a CHOICE presenter, and also the year I finally learnt how to cycle on my own without falling off the bike.

This was also the year I decided to go back to school once and for all after several deferments and had to juggle with a full-time job, church involvement and part-time studies. There were times when I almost could not cope but still, I have managed to clear all my modules and able to take on the maximum number of modules allowed next semester.

This was also the year my paternal grandma suffered a major fall and am now bedridden and wheelchair bound. I miss the time when she could still move around and sit watching television and napping in her favourite reclining chair.

Now upon reflection, I thought through what I have achieved in 2010 :

January - Officially a Cathechist after induction as a cathechist during Cathechical Sunday

February - Lunar New Year and learnt how to cycle without falling

March - Cycling Challenge, which I could not complete in the end, and CHOICE presenter

April - Did not do much but was busy with assignments and watched the "Chicago" musical

May - Examination time

June - Attended a Cathechist Retreat

July - Took up a group tuition job, sang at a church choir concert and attended a CHOICE Annual Retreat

August - Involved in the inaugural Youth Olympic Games

September - Again busy with assignments

October - CHOICE Asian Conference and attended the Engaged Encounter

November - Examination again and changed my job

December - Standard Chartered Marathon which we could not attend in the end and took up an individual tutoring job

As can be seen, this had really been a fruitful year indeed. Hopefully the upcoming year will be even better and more fruitful!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...