Lilypie

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Paths Of Lovers ...

I always thought my "soul sister" and I are very similar. Now even our boyfriends are similar - both the same age, born in the same quarter, about the same height and both are crazy over swords and swordfights. No wonder I always feel a kindred spirit with her.

But anyway this is not just about me and her. It is about me and him (my dear that is). I know he and I are similar in certain ways - both quirky and crazy, both care about the same things in life, both like to do the same things in life.

But definitely we are very different when it comes to temperament and planning things - I am the kind who wants to get things done in the shortest time possible and plan everything to the last detail so I can get over and done with and ensure everything go smoothly, whereas he is so laid back that even with some pushing, he cannot seem to get things done. Or is that just a typical trait of men?

At times I wonder, if we have not met, what will happen to me now? Probably still single and enjoying life but mourning over my singlehood at the same time. Which was a big irony because I really did not want to know him the first time I met him. He did not fit into my kind of "ideal guy". There were more negative impressions than positive ones. Yet now I really cannot foresee myself being with anyone else. Despite all his irritating ways, he is just so perfect for me.

Even though I only met him two and half years back, our paths have probably crossed a long time ago. When I was very young, I used to stay with my aunt's family at this block of flats near the beach. He used to stay in the same area too, just a few blocks away. We probably played in the same playground in between the blocks of flats.

We went to the same clinic and frequented the same book store since they were both in the same area as my aunt's place. I studied in a convent in front of my aunt's place and he studied in the boys' school opposite. We hung out in the same shopping mall during our study years.

We even attended the same church when young, and now we both switch to another church (before we knew each other) and are attending the same church in our adulthood. We both love the same stretch of beach which we grew up on.

What is most amazing is that a period of time when I took up taekwondo classes in my younger years, he was actually in the same class! And we did not know until now!

We have also been living around the same area for most of our lives. We also used to go to the same photo studio in the same neighbourhood to develop films or take photos. Hence, even though he is four years older, our paths could have likely crossed without us even knowing!

A mighty big coincidence, is it not? I wonder is it due to the hand of God? Somehow He could have let us come across each other without us even knowing and now let us meet each other without even deliberately seeking each other out.

At times I wonder, what if we have met each other earlier? Would we still have been together? Thinking back, if I had met him earlier, it would never have worked out between us. God really knows the right time for us to meet because if it had been any earlier, both of us would have been in a messed up stage and probably would not have bothered to keep in touch.

He let us meet after I have experienced certain things in life and am more emotionally stable to be able to handle a relationship, especially one with upheavals due to different race, culture, upbringing and temperaments.

He let us meet after he has experienced certain things in life too and am more able to keep things going despite my temperament as anyone who is less emotionally stable will never have been able to handle it.

Maybe it is the hand of God or just the work of fate, but whatever it is, I am truly glad we met each other at the time we did.

God really knows, is it not? He gives the right time and chance to everyone. Just like if my "soul sister" did not apply for a certain job, she would never have met the love of her life too. And this came shortly after someone else went out of her life.

So with the new year, I wish both of us and both of them to be even stronger in our love!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Richard said...

How can you type so much into a phone?

Anyway ...

I am cheered to hear things are going well.

juphelia said...

Thank you! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...