Lilypie

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Greetings

Wishing Everyone A Very Merry Christmas And A Wonderful Year Ahead!

Have A Great Party Filled With Spiritual Tidings And Remember That Our Saviour Was Born On This Day!

Last night's sermon was very good. The priest said the forty-two generations before Jesus was born was filled with "scandals". There were adulterers, thieves, blasphemers.

Yet in the end Jesus was born to save mankind from sins. He was born of Mary because she was the Immaculate Conception (born without sin).

Hence no matter what sins we had, we should just pray to Jesus to save us and cleanse our sins.

Very true indeed! I know many Christians (this include Catholics too to make it more politically correct) tend to sit on the high horse and start judging harshly. They will start preaching that this and that is not right as those are sins.

But we are human. We are not perfect. We are not born without sins. We will always have the temptation. So when someone commits a major sin in the eyes of the Church, then what? Should we then give the person a chance to turn over a new leaf and not judge, or should we then condemn and ostracize the person?

In any case, what makes others think the one who sinned felt happy? Perhaps the sinner felt so guilty that he / she felt God will never ever forgive the actions. We will never be able to understand how a person will feel unless we are in the exact situation.

Like what the priest said, this was why Jesus was born. The sins would be forgiven and the person can start over.

Which is why I said it is a very good sermon as I felt as if the message was for me. The many mistakes I made in the past, I could remember one which got me into a lot of trouble with the people around me, resulting in those same people (who call themselves Christians) judging me and ruining my name in public. Even though this was all past, that period of time was not a nice experience and I never want to go through that again!

Still I always wonder whether I could be completely forgiven. The things I do for church and religious activities is partly to improve my faith and partly to atone for my sins. Afterall, I cannot even completely forgive myself even after all these years!

But since the priest said Jesus was born and all sins would be forgiven, it gives me hope that I can finally overcome that little issue and be brave to face up to that aspect of the past. Maybe I can finally start forgiving myself totally!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...