Lilypie

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spiritual Or Material?

A few days back, I was asked to take on another tutoring assignment for a Primary Six kid, guiding him in English, Mathematics and Science. It will be for twice a week, an hour and a half each for each session.

Later on, I was asked if I could also tutor his younger sister at the same time. So it would be one after another during the weekends. In other words, it will be three hours per session, six hours per week. And the parents were willing to pay. If I took it up, it will be another almost a thousand a month and I need more cash at this point in time for the near future.

However the parents could not cater to my timing. I wanted Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons, but they wanted Saturday and Sunday mornings as they said Sunday afternoons would be their family day.

However, I will only be able to make it on Sunday afternoons as Sunday mornings is when I have Cathechism and then singing for mass later on.

My dear said I am being stupid by throwing away such a good extra income. He said I can always switch to Saturday evening Cathechism and attend sunset mass after that. Moreover I am not being paid for Cathechism.

Still, even though I am not being paid for this, I have already committed myself and nothing can replace the time with God.

Besides, just like others have their family days, I, too, have my own family time too. If both my weekends are burnt, then when am I going to have time for my family, my boyfriend and myself?

In the end, we could not come to a compromise and I had to give up the tutoring assignment. Yes it is very painful. Where else can I get another one thousand a month just by an extra six hours a week?

But I do not regret my decision. Nothing is more important to me than my spiritual and family life, and if I am to choose again, I will still choose God and family over materialism.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...