Lilypie

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Half-Baked "Pianist"

"Moonlight Sonata" is really a very beautiful piece. The more I listen to how others play, the more I feel bad about my own crappy playing. Despite having the vision of myself strolling along the beach in the moonlight with the moon beam streaming down and bathing the sea water with its beams, the vision of which is so classic and an image of beauty, I still cannot play the tune according to the right mood and portray the right vision.

That is the difference between an accomplished professional who plays regularly and a half-baked amateur who has not played in ages. The time spent playing the piano in the past month is already more than the total time spent playing the piano in the past decade! That shows how much I have lost touch, as my fingers cannot run as smoothly as before and they get stiff once I try playing too much!

Just one more week.... oh well, I can only give my best shot and see how the results go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...