Lilypie

Saturday, March 22, 2008

OG = Old Girls?

I seldom shop at OG, because my friends will call it "Old Girls", so I always have the impression the clothes there are more befitting for women my mum's age. Besides, my mum has been shopping at OG and Metro for years.

But then, I never really shop at This Fashion as well, even though the clothes are supposed to be for younger women. It is not because it is a budget store, more like the clothes are too outlandish for my taste, and some nice ones which I picked out from there, I discovered loose threads and stuck zippers.

So, I normally shop at G2000, M:)Phosis, Fontree, Senses and Iora. These are the places where I can pick out real nice work clothes with good cuttings. The price is reasonable and the clothes are long-lasting as well.

A few days back, my mum bought me a white dress. It is a knee-length dress with small diagonal stripes, crisscross back and adjustable straps. As I have said, my mum is my fashion guru. I fell in love with the dress the moment I laid eyes on it. It is fitting for lunch parties, or first official dates, or special occasions, or tea gatherings. Somehow the clothes I buy can never be compared to what my mum picks out for me.

And I definitely do not dress like a frumpy old lady! My circle of friends, even guys I have dated and their parents, know I am not a sloppy dresser. In fact, this is something I am proud about, as I have been told I know how to dress.

Anyway, my mum bought that dress from OG. I was rather surprised, because if OG sells such nice articles of clothing, then I should start shopping there more often from now on. Or perhaps I never really go there, which is why I never know the shop sells such nice clothes, for younger women, and not just for older women.

Thus, OG and Metro are now on my list of must-go places to shop if I am ever in the mood for retail therapy again. OG is not just a place for "old girls", but for the young too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...