Lilypie

Friday, March 7, 2008

Technology : The Greatest Invention Of All

Technology is wonderful indeed. With the new hottest social utility on the web, I managed to track a lot of people I know - old classmates, friends whom I have lost touch with, school friends whom I have wondered where they are and what they are doing, cousins, even acquaintances.

I got to keep in touch with very old friends, see what they are up to. Some are married with kids, some married without kids, some getting married, some in relationships, some have turned gay, some have turned straight, some have gone for further and post-graduate studies, some have become clubbers and smokers, some have migrated.

To each their own. And most of them look really different, especially friends from school whom I have not seen for like fifteen years or longer. Apparently, some of them are still in touch with each other, after all these years, attending each other's hen parties and weddings. Me, being the odd one out as usual, will never have touched based with them again if not for this high temperature social utility.

I am thankful for this website, because if not for this, I would never have found almost all my secondary school classmates, tertiary mates, primary school mates, cousins, friends from my singing group, writing group and even some church mates, and see what they are up to lately.

Thus, technology is a great invention. Only to those who do not abuse it and use it the right way.

[Addendum : Apparently, the founder / owner / creator of this website has recently made the list of the world's youngest billionaire. Congratulations and he probably never imagined his innovative idea is now perhaps the most popular website in the world.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...