Lilypie

Monday, March 3, 2008

An Upcoming Audition

My audition is this Wednesday! Arrrrgh! And I am not fully prepared for it! For those who managed to find out how Radetzky March and Moonlight Sonata sound like, you will know the latter is a much easier piece to handle than the former.

I only hope my Moonlight Sonata really gives the image of the moonlight beaming into a window, with a person gazing up at the moon, being surrounded by the aura of moonlight. And that my Radetzky March really sounds like a pompous marching band, with the image of a bandmaster leading a troupe into a fanfare.

Yes, music is not just for enjoyment. It is for appreciation. Music is not music if it does not portray the image of what the title epitomises, especially for classical pieces. Thus playing, or singing, music is not just mere banging on the instrument(s) or following the tune(s) and lyric(s).

Music is food for the soul, it is the food of love. Thus, real music is to be played and sang with feelings, according to how the tune sounds like, be it melancholic, sad, soulful, march, rock or jazz.

Anyway, I will just do my best at the audition. If I did this fifteen years back, I believe I could have passed it well and gone on to the performance certificate without a hitch. Back then, I was busy with studies and other kinds of activities.

Then when I started working, I find it no necessity to continue, but now that my passion is renewed, I thought of continuing, hence the audition. Whatever results I achieved, so be it. If I had to start over from Grade 5 again, then so be it, at least it is a good way to refresh and re-learn my techniques all over again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...