Lilypie

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Deliberation ....

Here comes another Easter. The second anniversary of my baptism. Actually, if I count the days, it is not exactly two years yet, but if I count the occasion, it has been two years, depending on when Lent occurs for the year.

I am not exactly the type that gives a lot to the church, unlike my friend, who spends all his free time and off days taking part in church activities. But his commitment is worth it, because he feels really good that his first batch of elects are finally getting baptised after about a year of journey.

I feel happy for him too, as I have seen how committed he has been to his group of elects, counselling them, taking care of them, clearing their doubts. And now at the end of their journey, it is a gratifying feeling, similar to what I felt in the past when my students improved on their grades after a year of scolding and sweating.

Seeing this is enough to renew my passion in teaching, in guiding others. Perhaps once I am done with my course, I may want to teach again, or lecture. It is much more satisfying and fulfilling to be able to guide and facilitate others, and seeing how they learn and blossom under one's care. It is more blessed to give than to receive after all!

Happy Easter everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...