Lilypie

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tennis Elbow

I played tennis again yesterday, singles this time. After having not played the game for like half a year or so, I was in a rather bad shape. Not to mention after the few days of thunderstorms, it was such a hot day yesterday, and the sun was streaming down without any mercy, making me feel even more lethargic. Needless to say, my arm and legs are aching now!

As always, I ended up picking up balls more than actually serving. Plus the racquet I was using is not the right one, so I was not able to maneuvre the tennis balls over the net. One thing I notice about tennis games is that when the ball gets hit, it either goes over the net or it does not.

The ball can go anywhere, over the net and gets served back, or over the net and bounces onto the ground, or just hit the net and bounces to the ground. The ball goes whichever direction the server serves. So if the person is a good server, it tends to be bounced back and forth, and if the person is a mediocre player, the ball then goes all directions.

Which makes me think we are in control of our own destinies. Just like how one can control a tennis ball (and even a squash ball). It only depends on how one plays. So I guess one's destiny is in one's hands; it only depends on how one plays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...