Lilypie

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Keeper For Life ....

Life is so strange sometimes. You may be in despair, in a rut and generally blaming your fate and what not, when suddenly something happens to pull you out of everything. Some people believe in guardian angels, but for me, I believe that things do happen for a purpose.

Like if I have not been unlucky where my career was concerned, I would not have landed this job. That is, if I get to stay on. Although I like this job lesser than the previous one, but at least I am learning a lot and being exposed to a lot.

If I have not had a sort-of tumultuous love life, I would not have found the real love of my life. Only thing is I wish he had entered my life much earlier than before. Where has he been hiding all these while? But I guess if I had not had experiences with guys who took me for granted, I would not have been able to appreciate just how good he is.

Perhaps at times, we need to experience sadness before we can fully appreciate the happy things around us. We need to experience the bad things before we can understand just how good things are and not take anything for granted.

For instance, I used to have very hgh expectations where my love life is concerned. Thus, I was often disappointed and thought the guys did not meet the standard. Then I realise it is not a matter of looking for someone so perfect, but rather making the relationship perfect and focusing on the good aspects.

When I first decided to give him a chance, I wanted to see where it goes. Above all, I wanted to be sure he is really sincere and not just playing with my feelings. Even when I finally agreed to accept him, I did not want to put all my heart into it, so in case I was disappointed again, I would not feel as bad.

I need not have worried actually. If anything, he is treating me just as well, if not better, as before. He is generous, as in really generous. Not the extent of a rich man's generosity like Tiffany's jewellery or high-class fine dining every day and socialite gatherings every once in a while, but he is not a miser when it comes to his girlfriend.

Each time we go out, he always pays, even when I ask him not to. Our meals, movies we watched, the cab fare if we take a cab and he drops me off at my place, even some of my own purchases when he followed me shopping.

I always worry for his pocket, but he told me the other day that I seem to be very thrifty. It is like I am not willing to spend. I was surprised when he said that as "thrifty" is never a word to describe me! It just so happens that I have cut down on unnecessary extravagant spending, but I still do indulge.

He says that so far I only seem to buy things when it is absolutely necessary. I should go ahead and indulge more, since I am still relatively young so should spend on clothes, jewellery, cosmetics, hairdo, nail polish, and other things to make myself look even better. He also said if there is something I like to buy, go ahead and not hold back.

My girlfriends are going to be so jealous if I tell them this! Afterall, where can one ever find a guy who actually tells his girlfriend to spend money (the rich and famous not included)? It is always the girl who spend and the guys telling the girls not to spend.

Maybe because I have never been so well-treated, so now in my eyes, he is a gem. Granted to some oither girls he may only be just average, especially if those girls always have a bevy of guys who worship the ground they step on, but to me, he is treating me in the way I used to only dream of.

I never had a boyfriend who can specially take a cab down to my area at midnight just to meet me as he missed me, despite staying so far away. It was so late at night and he really took me by surprise as he only told me where he was only when he was almost reaching.

I had to sneak out of my house by climbing over the gate (first time I ever did such a thing, and also I did not wish to awaken the rest of my family members), so we could go somewhere for supper and a walk around the estate, before he walked me back home and then took a cab home himself. My mum will murder me if she ever finds out I sneaked out of the house to meet a guy at that hour!

My friends will also say I am crazy by doing that, as they will probably just go sleep. But if a guy is sweet enough to come all the way to see me at that ungodly hour on a week night just because he wanted to see me, even if it was just for an hour or so, I am not about to turn him away and ask him to go back home!

So many relationships, and he is the first one to do this. Even my second ex, despite staying quite near me, had never ever done that throughout all the years we have been together!

Besides, I find it exciting. I am getting to be so wild! It is like a Romeo and Juliet type of affair - sneaking behind others, sneaking out of the house at odd hours to avoid being found out just to have a rendezvous with the person you love.

Of course, it cannot be compared to Romeo and Juliet, and I for sure will not want it to end like those two star-crossed lovers, but I am not allowed out of the house at that hour of the night, and certainly not to meet up with a guy. He is luckier in that he lives alone and can go in and out of his place anytime he lives, but I will be so dead if my parents find out.

But I do not care. As I said, I am not going to screw up this time round, no matter how my parents are going to interfere this time. This guy is a keeper, and I am sure never ever going to let him go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...