Lilypie

Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Which Name To Choose?

I have been told I need a name for my baptism, preferably the name of a saint. Does my name not suffice? Afterall, my name, or rather, the more common longer version of it, is the name of a saint. But if I must have a middle name, I would like the name “Jacqueline”, as I always thought how nice that would sound if it is combined together with my name and surname.

My sponsor told me to choose the name of a saint of the month I was born in. The only one I know of that month is St. Jude, but I cannot use that as that is quintessentially a guy’s name. Neither will I call myself Judy. Somehow I never liked the name Judy, so I will never use it.

Then I thought of “Katherine” since it means “pure”, but then I do not think it sounds nice enough when combined together with my name and surname. There are also other options like “Helena”, “Joan” and “Margaret”, but these names do not sound right to me.

If I do not need to use the name of a saint, I would want to use “Titania” or “Ophelia” or “Juliette” or “Viola”. As it is, I do not know many female saints except for Margaret, Joan, Katherine and Cecilia. But somehow these names are just not me. Anyone like to suggest a name I can use?

4 comments:

zodiac7 said...

Hope this helps....

http://www.catholic.org/saints/stindex.php?lst=J

LeeCooper said...

Julie? Faith? Serene? Abigail? what your surname by the way?

shakespeareheroine said...

zodiac7 : Ah, thanks for the link. Will check it out.

leecooper : My surname? It's actually one of the more common surnames around. But that's for me to know and others to find out. :-p

Richard said...

How about choosing Amanda? It means "worthy of love".

Personally, I prefer Josephine ("God will increase") or Cassandra ("Prophet of doom") - but Sofia thinks they sound like soap opera names.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...