Lilypie

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

To Go Or Not To Go?

My second ex is getting married. Does not affect me actually, except that my best friend told me that he told her that his girlfriend (fiancée?) told him to ask me if I would be interested in attending their wedding.

How sincere is that?! It is not as if he does not have my contact number or my address or email. So must he go through this roundabout way to get his message across? And I am surprised it is the girl who asked, not the guy.

I can only think of two reasons. First, they want to make peace so it is a gesture of goodwill. Second, (which I think is the more probable one), she wants to show off that finally she has him and all other hopes for me (not that I am harbouring any in the first place) are dashed.

Sometimes life is just so funny. The period of time when he and I were planning for our wedding which never took place in the end, he asked what type of ceremony I would like.

When I told him the type of wedding I wanted, he said he would prefer to keep everything simple. Now apparently, his fiancée is going to have her dream wedding which is about twice as grand as the one I always want.

Times like this makes me wonder what is it that others have which I do not? First I was dumped for her, then he kept back all my favourite things for her, he gives in to whatever she wants, and now he allows her to plan their wedding in whichever way she wants.

Why is it other girls can be so well-treated despite being so difficult? Anyway, back to the wedding invitation issue. The question is : shall I or shall I not attend? If I attend, she will probably show off her triumphant look that she emerges as the winner. If I do not attend, it will only reflect how petty I am, especially since I believe a few of our friends would be there as well.

How I wish I can just lead a simple life away from all these problems, no matter how minor!

5 comments:

gus said...

>>If I attend, she will probably show off her triumphant >>look that she emerges as the winner

heh? marriage is a life time.. this is just a start.. nobody wins at the starting point heh?

imp said...

if it helps, ask yourself how good is your friendship with this ex now. we all choose our wedding dinners to attend. let this not be any different. rumors and gossip should not have a bearing on you.

if you don't attend, pple might talk. if yoiu attend, pple might talk about the way you behave, the words you say, the smiles you fake.

there's no end.

LeeCooper said...

Don't go and you save yourself all the problems.

If you go, you'll have a fairy nice dinner, a nice friendly chat with your ex and promise to keep in contact (which you probably won't) and that's it. But the bride will have more things to think about after that.

Ole' Wolvie said...

Bring your new 'flame' and burn down the place. :P

shakespeareheroine said...

Gus : Knowing her... welll....

Imp : Which is what I'm worried about in the first place.

Leecooper : Either way, (whether I go or not), the bride will still have things to think about.

Ole Wolvie : I can't possibly bring my new flame to an old flame's wedding, can I? Although I'm tempted by your idea....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...