Lilypie

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Narrow Escape ... For The 4th Time!

I was almost freaked out tonight. I had a long day, having to go for a church retreat and then evening mass. I was hungry and tired, so by the time I was on the bus, I could not wait to get home!

However, this guy boarded the bus a few stops after me, and he sat on the seat in front. I was glancing out of the window, but through the reflection in the glass, I could see him glancing at me through the corner of his eyes, as his head was turned slightly towards my direction.

At first I thought nothing of it, but then he started becoming bolder. He kept turning his head around and stole some glances. That got me irritated, so I just looked straight in front. Then he turned his head around and looked, not at me, but right at my bosom area!

I quickly folded my arms across my chest. He just made eyes at me, and turned back. I messaged a friend and told him what happened. He was angry, and also said I should cut down on my sexy clothes while out alone.

But it was not like I was wearing anything revealing. I had to go to church, so I was in a long-sleeve top and jeans, although I admit my blouse is a little thin so may be a tad translucent, but still, I was not exposing anything at all.

That guy was so bold that he did not even hide the fact that he was looking. He just kept turning around, and once or twice he smiled at me which looked more like a leering smile. When the bus approached my area, that guy and I happened to be the only ones left on the bus, besides the driver.

Needless to say, I was totally horrified. I got down at my stop, and he actually followed me down. He was standing so close behind me I could almost feel him touching me! I hung around at the coffeeshop at the beginning of my lane, pretended to go to the washroom, then when I saw that fellow looking another way, quickly ran out and ran all the way back home!

I did not even stop to see if he was following me. I just ran until I reached my house, opened the gate, and shouted at my brother to quickly open the door before any suspicious characters found out where I stay.

What a narrow escape! I cannot believe I will still experience this at my age! So far, this type of thing happened to me thrice before. The first time was when I was in upper Primary, I was taking the bus back home after school, and this guy kept looking at me with a sneer. He moved to the seat behind me, and I could feel his fingers subtly touching my shoulders. Just as well he got off at the next stop, otherwise I would have ran for my life!

The second time was at a neighbourhood centre at one of the housing estates. I was shopping for a Valentine's Day gift for my first ex, when I noticed this guy following me around. At first I thought he was just going my direction, but after walking around for so long, he still seemed to be following me around. When I turned around, he pretended to look at something else.

So I walked faster. I could sense him walking faster too. I went to the washroom, and when I got out, he was standing outside, looking straight at me! I panicked and ran all the way to the train station! He followed me, and started loitering around outside the train station.

I lodged a report to the passenger service officer. The officer calmed me down, asked me not to worry, and got one of the supervisors to come out. The supervisor came and asked me what happened, so I told him everything, about how I believed that suspicious character was following me around, and I was not able to lose him.

So the supervisor asked the passenger service officer to keep an eye on the fellow and made sure he did not go through the turnstile, while he accompanied me all the way and waited for me until I boarded the train. How nice of him!

The third time was in the Hong Kong subway. It was crowded, much more crowded than our local subway system. People could hardly even squeeze into the train, let along have standing space. Anyway, my parents needed to keep an eye on my brothers, so they entered one carriage, then it was so full so I had to enter the next one.

This guy stood behind me and kept pressing himself against my back. I was getting so irritated, but since I was a foreigner, there was nothing much I could do. When the train jerked, he took advantage by poking his entire member into my back! I turned around and glared at him, and he had the nerve to smile at me!

What riled me was that I could not even sue, because firstly, I was in a foreign country; secondly, there were no witnesses; and thirdly, he could always give the excuse that the train was too crowded so he had to squeeze himself against me. And he got his fun, whereas I was seething mad inside.

I hope nothing like this ever happens again! It is just so irritating and uncomfortable. Do these fellows have nothing better to do?

6 comments:

LeeCooper said...

My wife-to-be had the same experience just a few days ago on the MRT. She was coming home and a guy just stood infront of her and stare blankly into her breast.

Too bad for him, my wife-to-be is not someone to be triffled with. She stared at him fiercely until the guys got scared and had to walk away to another cabin.

I told her the next time something like this happens, she should confront the guy by telling him to stop staring at her breast. I doubt if the guy would continue to linger on nor would the other passengers let him get away with it.

Ole' Wolvie said...

Predators can smell your fear.

Anonymous_X said...

Next time: scream. Loudly. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see how many people will like to whack that *censored*.

lavern said...

Weren't those the times you just wished you weren't beautiful?

shakespeareheroine said...

Leecooper : Good advise. Noted, perhaps if something like this happens again I'll do that.

Ole Wolvie : Just how many predators are out there anyway?

Anon_X : Won't I attract unwanted attention by screaming loudly, even though the @#&*^$*& deserves it?

Lavern : Erh... I'm never considered as beautiful in the 1st place. Sometimes I think those fellows pick the wrong target.

Anonymous_X said...

Won't I attract unwanted attention by screaming loudly, even though the @#&*^$*& deserves it?

Well...that would be his problem and not yours.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...