Lilypie

Sunday, March 5, 2006

Dilemma Dilemma Dilemma!

I have finally recovered, thank goodness! And everything turns out well in the end. I went on a marvellous date yesterday where we watched two movies, "Big Momma's House 2" and "Underworld : Evolution", had lunch at Billy Bombers, dinner at Pizza Hut, took a long stroll along Bedok Reservoir, then had supper near my area.

Today there was no conflict with my mum. I went for the Rite of Sending in the morning and the Rite of Election in the afternoon. She did not say anything to me except to ask if I would be coming home for dinner before I went out this morning.

The ceremonial rites gave me mixed feelings, especially the sermon and blessing by the Archbishop himself. I was so touched that I almost cried! It is like after such a long journey, this is now the final lap leading to the actual day itself.

Emotions wise, I have been thinking of a certain issue lately. A certain friend was asking that perhaps I should revise my criteria of what I look for in a partner. If I am able to revise in the first place, I would have done so already.

The thing is that I came up with all these criteria after suffering in a few previous relationships. When I ended my last relationship, I told myself that I will only be with certain types of guys. Never will I be with someone who throws tantrums, or someone who cares more about his body-building than anything else, or someone who is such a mummy's boy.

Then when I met someone else in my life, I thought he was the perfect one for me. He is smart, interesting, bubbly, friendly, musically-inclined, ambitious, nice to people, of the same religion, a graduate, knowledgeable and takes pride in his appearance.

It was the first time I met a guy who is so good in everything he does, who can carry on such interesting conversations, who can talk about anything under the sun. I thought I found the perfect one for me, and somehow I never found someone else like that. I told myself when I find someone, it has to be someone who fits all these criteria. Plus being responsible, reliable, chivalrous, romantic, supportive and understanding.

But then, like what my cousin told me once, even if I like someone, that person may not necessarily like me, and vice versa. Does everything I set out to look for really matter as long as both of us can get along very well, and he really likes me?

I wanted to find someone perfect (as in able to fulfil what I look for) as I never want to be hurt again. My friends all have a certain type of criteria what they look for in guys, so I never thought it anything wrong to look for a certain type. Which was partly why I rejected a few guys last year, but anyway, most of them are just out for flings, so they deserve to be rejected.

My friends told me that it is better to find a guy that is totally into you, be it the type of guy I am looking for or not. What are the qualities that I can compromise on then? The last thing I want is to be with someone who ends up not being my type, then I end up wasting my time and life away again.

But now that I am having such a good time with this guy, and he is really really good to me. He does not smoke, drink, take drugs or indulge in nightlife. He goes home after work, and spends time with his family on Sundays. I feel so wild and unfilial as compared to him.

Shall I then just go ahead, revise my criteria and accept him, or shall I still look for someone better that can fulfil what I look for? Is searching for the perfect one really that important? After all, it is going to be for the rest of my life, or even then, a big part of my life. Should I settle for someone who does not have everything I look for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...