Lilypie

Friday, March 31, 2006

Nitty-Gritties At Work

Friday, and I hope my week of trouble ends. I had more trouble at work today, simply because the other party cannot make up their minds, and made me spend a very unproductive day amending the same document seven times in a row.

And I am really sick of answering phone calls! Some of the callers are so ridiculous that they ask all the most obvious questions. When my boss is not around, her calls will be automatically bounced to me.

The caller will ask for her and I answered she is not around and ask to take a message. The caller then ask, "Why is she not around?" How would I know?! I do not track her schedule, only her phone calls and her correspondence!

Some callers will call and said that they spoke to someone, but could not remember who they spoke to and what time they called. Which means they could have spoken to anyone, and yet they ask me why is it I do not know who they spoke to?

Of course I will not know if they themselves do not know! They are the ones who spoke to whoever they spoke to, not me! I am not some psychic that I can read their minds and see the past!

To top it off, my boss remarked that my skirt is too short. Three inches above the knee, and she says it is too short. She said the length must be at least to the knee level. Which era is she living in?!

If she finds my executive skirt short, she should see the length (or lack of) of some other skirts I have! Even my school uniforms in the past had never reached knee-length, always at least two to three inches above the knees!

A pity I am not entitled to any annual leave whatsoever for the time being. How I wish I can just take a day off and get away from all these!

3 comments:

gus said...

>> Some of the callers are so ridiculous that they ask all the most obvious questions

Hehehe even i am guilty of this sometimes :P i.e my baby crying on the car.. i'd ask my baby "why are you crying.. we're almost home" knowing that 1. she can't answer & 2. even adult sometimes have problem with the "why" type of question :P

Just be level-headed - answer what you have to answer and don't take things personally.

cheers..

Ole' Wolvie said...

The "I've talked to someone but I can't remember who or when" is most probably just a ploy to increase 'priority'. Besides, if that is really true, that person probably would not remember you either.

shakespeareheroine said...

Gus : I dun scream at the callers if that's what you are asking. But it is irritating if they are the ones who are unreasonable.

Ole Wolvie : I would remember if I've talked to the person. But in the above case, I've not, so hard to trace since hte caller couldn't even remember as well.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...