Lilypie

Friday, March 3, 2006

Fuming Mad!

I am so mad at my mum! I am almost thirty years old and she still insists I have to do everything she says. Normally I will do it but this time round she is being so unreasonable and difficult again!

This Sunday happens to be the first of a series of Sundays before my baptism where I will receive the Rite of Election and Rite of Sending. I have already been told to keep the subsequent Sundays free for all the rites of baptism, culminating to the actual day. And the Sundays will be fully booked as besides the normal mass in the morning, there will be the rites in the afternoon.

So my maid is off this Sunday, and my mum has to go for her secondary school lunch reunion. She said I am not allowed to go out on Sunday as she needs someone around to babysit (yes, BABYSIT) my brother, my EIGHTEEN-YEAR-OLD brother. Can you believe that?!

I told her that this Sunday is really a bad timing because I need to be around for my baptism rites, and she just cut me off. She said enough nonsense from me. I have never done anything for the home, anything for the family, and she just needed that one day and I give so many excuses.

She said she told me to stay around, so it is my choice whether I want to, and it is also my choice whether I want to continue living under her roof. Yeah, right, I would have moved out long ago but for the lack of cash and housing.

She told me to cancel my baptism if everything clashes. Does she even know how much this means to me?! One month before the actual day, and she throws this in my face?! I tried to reason with her, saying that it is not my own timing, as it is the timing set aside by the Archbishop himself. I already got my cousin to be my godmother to be around during that time.

So everything clashes. Is it my fault then? I was free the past two Sundays, yet no one asked for anything. It just so happens I will not be free for this month. It is beyond my control too, since everything has already been scheduled.

What have I done for this family, this home? I give her part of my salary ever since I started working. I had to do all the household chores when my maid is not around. And I had to babysit my brothers even well into their teenage years. And I have to bring my grandmother around each time there is no one around.

Why does she never ask if any of my brothers have ever done anything for the home? They throw their clothes around, expecting me to pick up after them, leave their dirty dishes around without bothering to at least put it back into the sink, take money from her anytime they need, just laze around without doing anything, and scream and shout at my grandma each time she tried to talk to them.

Am I not entitled to have my own life? Is it my fault that everything is scheduled around this time? And why does anyone need to look after an eighteen-year-old spoilt brat who does not listen to anyone in the first place?!

I am so fuming mad! Call me selfish, self-centred, whatsoever, but I have enough of all these. Just when I am at the final stage towards being an actual child of God, and I get this type of thing from the very person who is supposedly closest to me, the very person whom I want support for this more than anyone else. I really feel like running away from home sometimes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...