Lilypie

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Shoe Shoe Baby ....

I need to buy a new pair of shoes. Two pairs actually, since I have just about worn out the current pair of working heels and my formal shoes, which I wear only for weddings, formal dinners and occasions like Christmas and Chinese New Year.

I only have a few pairs of shoes – two pairs of work shoes (one pair of heels for normal working days and one pair of mules for Fridays which I can wear when I go out during the weekends as well), one pair of formal heels, one pair of wedges for casual days, one pair of sneakers for overseas trips or hikes, one pair of thongs for casual wear, and one pair of havanas for beachwear. Plus a pair of boots for very special occasions.

My guy friends were surprised as they thought all girls have a cupboard full of shoes, and my girlfriends could not believe how I managed to survive with just these few pairs of shoes. I know most girls have shoes to match their attire, but not me since not every pair of shoes fit me.

How many pairs of shoes will one need anyway? Shoes wear out so fast, so no use buying so many pairs. I have lots of clothes, bags accessories and cosmetics, but I do not normally buy shoes unless it is absolutely necessary.

Besides my feet are very oddly-shaped. They are pointed at the ends but more rounded in shape, so I need shoes which are more round at the edges and longer at the sides. I cannot wear shoes with their edges pointed, which is why I never wear pumps or court shoes. I cannot wear a lot of shoes since I need shoes that can fit my type of feet.

If I buy shoes which do not fit my feet exactly, I will end up with blisters at the sides after an hour. I have tried so many shoe shops, and I have concluded that I can only wear shoes by Charles & Keith, Everbest or Hush Puppies comfortably without blisters.

Thus I can only buy shoes from these places, and even then, not every pair fits me all the time, which is why it is so hard to buy shoes for myself. So often than not, the shoes I buy are either black or ivory in colour, so they can be matching with whatever I wear.

How I wish I can be like other girls who can just grab any pair of shoes they fancy off the shelf anywhere, then it will really save me lots of trouble shoe-hunting all the time.

4 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Currently I only have 1 pair!
Yay!

(And it took 81 bux to fix the sole... *mutter mutter*)

LeeCooper said...

haa.. my ex, who is a SIA stewardess, has a pair of shoes for every occassion, matching bags and clothes. I had to built a cabinet for her when she stayed with me to house her 40+ shoes and still has find space in my storage for the rest of them.

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie : No kidding? You mean you wear the same pair of shoes everydsy?

Leecooper : Ah, a stewardess. That explains who all the matches for everything.

Ole' Wolvie said...

Correction:

I have another pair of shoes for dancing lessons.

But yes, I wear only 1 pair of shoes everywhere.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...