Lilypie

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Scent Of A Woman (Or Man)

At times when I was strolling along in a train station or on the streets, I pass by people who smelt as if they poured the entire bottle of perfume over them. And by people, I mean both guys and girls.

Of course, people will use perfume or cologne to make themselves smell nicer, but they do not need to have such a suffocating smell. If they are trying to attract others, then their plans will backfire as the smell alone will put others off.

All along, perfume has been regarded as one of women’s beauty essentials. It makes a woman smell more womanly and sexy. Women swear by perfumes to make the men go crazy over them, which is why all the cosmetic giants keep developing new formulas and smells.

I put on perfume when I go out too, although mine is just a little dab behind my ears and wrists. Some women will spray their underarms, their wrists, their ears, which explains why they smell like they poured the entire bottle over themselves.

I feel fresher and cleaner after putting on perfume. To be able to smell nice (although people can hardly smell me) really makes me feel more womanly and confident. Strangely, my guys have never commented on the way I smell, nor have they ever asked me to put on any particular perfume for them.

The guys I know have no opinions on their girls wearing perfume. Either that, or they themselves wear stronger perfume than their girls! They will comment on their girls putting on too much makeup, or being too scantily clad, but they have never once mentioned the perfume worn by the girls.

My favourite brands are Christian Dior’s J'Adore, Clinique’s Happy For Women, Estee Lauder’s Pleasures and Beyond Paradise, Calvin Klein’s Eternity (for both women and men, obviously with the guy wearing the men's one) and of course, the classic Chanel’s No. 5, the mother of all perfumes.

Incidentally the guys I have been with all wear perfume. They will spray on a little perfume when they go out, and sometimes they smell even better than me!

I know people who think guys who put on perfume are sissies or gays, but actually macho men are the ones who put on more perfume, since they want to smell “manly” and “sexy”. And trust me, guys who put on perfume do reek of more sex appeal!

Maybe it is the same when girls put on perfume. Something is just different, and they suddenly get more attractive to the opposite sex. So perhaps I should start bathing in perfume from now on so that I can smell better. Then perhaps people can start remarking on how nice I smell! :-p

5 comments:

Elvina aka LaoNiang said...

Wow I have not stepped in here for a while and you have so many great entries - from love to lust, to your first time, to erotic stories and color wolves! Amazing. And who's telling me her material is not good enough???????

project pink is going to see one of its finest writer in you yet! :P

LeeCooper said...

I use only CK Eternity since I was in secondary. My WTB now uses Clarins' Par Amour and I love her smell.

Anthony said...

Trust me, it's better to smell a guy/ gal in cologne/perfume rather than not... especially u have to stand so closely in the train and the person in front of you smell like he/she don't have the time to shower before leaving for work...

Of course, extra points for gals smelling nice!!! :)

The Imp said...

scents always attract me!!! and i definitely like my man in scents rather than without. unless we're staying in air-conditioning the whole day without perspiration.

shakespeareheroine said...

Elvina : Heh, thanks for your vote of confidence!

Leecooper : Clarins Par Amour? Noted. Perhaps I'll get that for myself and try it out.

Anthony : Yup, agree with you.

Imp : Yes, guys who smell nice are more of a turn-on indeed!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...