Lilypie

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Wierd Character

Some people simply cannot take no for an answer. Besides this pesky foreigner who is trying to push a promotion for my company, and which we have turned him down numerous times, yet he still insists on calling back everyday to talk to us, I have to contend with other wierdos.

I have my own share of wierd and funny characters. I always find it strange that the people you most want to get rid of simply cannot be gotten rid of, yet the people you want to pay attention to you just cannot be bothered with you. But anyway, the latter situation is all in the past.

This guy whom I thought had disappeared for good suddenly talked to me online a few days back. He said that his birthday is coming, so can I get him a Crumpler bag, not just any one, but the one that costs S$99.00.

He was the one who was so thick-skinned to ask me to pay the couple of times he asked me out, so of course I refused. I told him that he did not even bother remembering or getting me anything for my birthday last year, why must I get him anything for his birthday? And how can anyone even ask for a birthday gift without anyone asking what he wants?

This guy did ask me some time ago if it was alright for him to pursue me. I did not agree as I wanted to observe, but after the second time I went out with him, I decided to drop him. He claimed he is in debt, yet went to all the expensive places and asked a girl to pay without battling his eyelids.

In the first place, if he cannot afford it, then cut down on his lifestyle! He wants an extravagant lifestyle and expensive things, yet not able to spend within his means. Does he not think I like a luxurious life too? But I have to see if I can afford that type of life in the first place.

This gives me the impression that he is not responsible for his own finances. What sort of future can you have with a guy who cannot even manage his own finances? Then what does he want a girlfriend for? Someone whom he can suck dry?

Besides, if he was really coming after me, he would at least make the effort to get to know me better. He never called nor message nor ask me out, and the once or twice I contacted him for some matters he either did not reply to my messages or rejected my calls.

How can a guy claims he likes a girl if he does not even want to talk to her? Before my guy and I got together, he used to send me messages to talk to me. He still does that now, with more messages. This other guy gave me the impression that he is not serious at all.

All these would not have mattered, but for the fact that he went around declaring that he is my boyfriend. When did I ever gave him that idea? He said he asked me for a birthday gift because I am his girlfriend, so I should give him a gift.

Can you believe the nerve of this guy? I said a couple of meetings do not constitute a relationship, and besides, I have never once said I agreed to be his girlfriend. And if he really treats me as his girlfriend, he would not be only talking to me by asking me for material stuff, yet not talking to me the rest of the time.

So I said I am already happily attached, and even if I am not, I will never consider him. He then said that it is an honour that he even considers pursuing me, so I better not think I am too high and mighty for him.

Does this guy not understand what his problem is? Money aside, I did not ask him back a single cent I spent on him, but does he even know what is right or wrong to do?

If all he wants is a girl who can spend on him, then go get a sugar mummy. I cannot afford to upkeep his lifestyle, and anyway I am not in the habit of providing charity to cheapskates.

He then accused that I am just like his other ex-girlfriends, run away the moment he asked for material stuff, then go hook up with guys who can spend on them. He accused me of being materialistic.

Well, there is a difference between being materialistic and being downright gullible. Why does he not examine himself in the first place and realise where he has gone wrong?

I already got almost all my life savings wiped out once, thus I told myself never to let another person drain me of my money ever again. If I am treating or paying for a person out of my own free will, that is another matter.

But I will not take it if someone ask me out then in the end expect me to pay for everything, unless I offered to pay in the first place. But luckily my friends are all rather nice, at least the guys I hang out with are generous enough to foot the bill even if I told them not to. And of course, my dear is the most generous of them all!

So anyway, I told this guy to leave me alone and get out of my life once and for all. He asked me to stop playing hard to get. Which part of "leave me alone" does he not understand? When I say leave me alone, I really mean it, and not because I am playing hard to get.

Finally I told him I got all the receipts from the times we went out, so I am going to demand every single cent back if he is not going to leave me alone. With that, he quickly went off. Thank goodness, I hope never to hear from him ever again!

4 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

How come I never meet with these kind of people?

Oh yeah... I spend all my time in an online game... dur... :P

We gamers are a different breed! (Discounting all hormonally imbalanced oned)

Goy said...

Eee, this kind of person must stay far away from.

Richard said...

Just ignore him and be persistant in telling him no.

He has his own issues to deal with and you do not need to be involved.

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie : Meet what kind of people? Those who always ask you to pay or those who pay for eerything?

Goy : Yes, precisely.

Richard : I know, except some people just cannot understand when you keep saying no.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...