Lilypie

Monday, May 8, 2006

Elections Galore!

So the elections are over, and the results are just as expected. The party that is supposed to win always wins. My best friend and parents (not together) went for a Worker's Party rally, and she (my friend) sent me a picture of the crowd rallying.

There are certain things that my best friend told me about in the rally which I found rather good. For instance, it was said that the main government should not keep saying that only by voting for them, we will get all the incentives.

Not voting for them and voting for some other party does not make us any less of a citizen or any less patriotic. Very true! I applaud them for having the guts to say this out!

Since I did not have to vote yesterday, I went for a makeover session. I got a complimentary makeover for some promotion the studio was having, and I made the appointment for yesterday before the election day was announced.

I wanted to cancel the appointment, but then since I did not need to vote after all, I went ahead. It is not the first time I had a makeover, and I still find it rather amazing that the makeup artist can make me up so well in such a short period of time. How I wish I can do the same myself!

I have really aged already. The photos this time look so different. My under-eye bags are more prominent in the photos now, and I look more haggard as compared to my earlier photos. No wonder people say that women in their late twenties are starting to go downhill! The evidence is there, I must really take more care already!

2 comments:

LeeCooper said...

I'm so disappointed that the WP didn't win a GRC. I was hoping they'll win Aljunied.

Singaporeans are indeed politically apathetic.

shakespeareheroine said...

Yup, I totally agree! I was rooting for WP to win Aljunied too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...