Lilypie

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Year Later ....

One year. How time flies. I still remember exactly a year ago, it was on a Saturday morning. I was bored and sitting around at home, waiting for my new mobile phone to arrive. I started blog-reading.

I have known about the existence of blogs since the late 1990s, and I have read my friends' blogs once in a while. That day was the aftermath of my debut performance, and I was chatting with a few choral friends (most of them blog) concurrently.

My Friendster Inbox was flooded with blog updates and notices from my friends. Out of curiousity, I started scanning their blogs, until I came to a particular blog. He only had a few entries in his Friendster blog before he migrated to blogspot.

I was so impressed at the way he expresses himself that I went into his new blog at blogspot and started reading. Everything he posted so far. Suddenly, out of the blue, my long-lost love for writing resurfaced. The more I read his writing, the more I felt like writing again.

I had lost the inclination to write for a while. My diaries used to be regularly updated, but once the grind of life took over, I sort of stopped writing for a while, and only updated sparse entries now and then.

So I thought to myself, since I am always in front of the computer, why not do something serious for once instead of always playing games or random web surfing with no objective? Something that is exclusively mine, yet at the same time express myself.

At that moment, the friend whose blog I was reading came online and I started telling him my intention to start a blog. He was full of encouragement and gave me some ideas on how to begin.

And thus, a new blogger emerged. It was only on a trial basis at first as I had no idea how long I would keep at it. When I posted my first entry, I told my friend and he made some positive comments, which got me rather enouraged.

I never knew I could keep it going. I thought it was just something I could do once in a while when killing time, but when my life started going downhill, I began to note down my frustrations and feelings, and the more I write, the more I want to write, and the more I could not stop. It was really comforting and relieving to write everything down.

So here I am. One year of ups and downs, hiffs and jiffs, happiness and sadness, drama and comedy, loves and hates, successes and failures, health and sickness. And a rather eventful year at that, especially since I started having my own pool of loyal supporters and met a few new friends in the process.

All thanks to my friend. My muse and inspiration when I first started out - Sonic and his ScratchPad. One year, and ongoing. And many thanks to all my readers and supporters. You have encouraged me when I was down, lifted my spirits, and been there for me in your own way.

And to those who know of the existence of my blog, who never restricts me from writing what I like, and who reads my blog faithfully, and gives me sincere comments to my entries.

Hence, to quote from Angie, my restless journey continues. How long more? I have no idea. As long as I live, hopefully.

Meanwhile I am going to have a busy day ahead, with mass in the morning, dance practice in the afternoon, and a dinner celebration with some blogging friends at night.

7 comments:

Richard said...

Happy anniversary!

angie bern said...

congrats! for making it to the first mark! pity i could not join you in the merriment... but you are super.

shakespeareheroine said...

Richard & Angie : Thank you very much! :-)

Goy said...

Hey. This layout is so familiar~~

shakespeareheroine said...

Goy : Yup, it looks similar to yours right?

sonic said...

my pleasure, and congrats... you've started something good, carry it on and make it even better in the years to come (there better be many of those :-) )

shakespeareheroine said...

Sonic : Thank you! And of course there will be more coming!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...