Lilypie

Friday, May 12, 2006

Busy! Busy!

Vesak Day, and I am so glad for another long weekend. I really need the break! My busy period is starting again. Besides the peak period at work, I have my own activities to occupy myself with.

First up, my examinations, which is in another few days' time, and I am still a nervous wreck, considering it had been so long ago since my last examinations.

Next, I will be singing for my friend's wedding around late May and early June. She is actually my junior in NIE, as well as a fellow Committee member of the Catholic Student's Apostolate. She is finally getting married, about time anyway, considering she and her fiance has been together for nine years already.

After this, the performance season is here again. This will be my second performance at the Esplanade Theatre. We will be performing a Mozart opera entitled "The Marriage Of Figaro" around mid-July.

Thus, our once-a-week chorus practice will extend for half an hour longer from mid-May onwards, since besides the songs we will be singing, we have to learn the movements and actions of the opera as well.

Come mid-June, the intensive rehearsals will start again. When I say intensive, I mean really intensive. Weekends are all burnt for rehearsals, as we have to practice from day to night. We have to keep every Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays free for about a month before the performance.

Besides these, we have our own weekly Tuesday sessions, and we need to be on standby for the month as we can be called back for practice any time, any day, any moment. As a result, sometimes we get inconvenienced due to last-minute callups and we were already involved in other plans. However, the end result is worth it!

Despite all these, I still have to bear in mind not to neglect my family and friends. Luckily my next semester will only start in mid-July, so I have one less thing to focus on during the period.

3 comments:

LeeCooper said...

Despite all these, I still have to bear in mind not to neglect my darling, family and friends.

Remember to blog!!

shakespeareheroine said...

Dun worry about that!!

LeeCooper said...

hee hee... :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...