Lilypie

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Of Men And Sex

I finally met my best friend for dinner earlier on, after numerous postponement for three weeks, as either she could not make it or I could not make it. So anyway, we finally caught up with each other, and had an enjoyable dinner and coffee session.

We were talking about work, and men. Well, what else will two girls talk about anyway? But we told each other our most intimate secrets, and the funny people we have been meeting. She, like me, have also met guys who ask for funny things.

She was just wondering what is it about guys and sex? It is like guys think sex can cure everything, a broken heart, a bad mood, etc. She was telling me that a friend of hers who is supposed to be getting married, broke up with the guy as he went to comfort a female friend who just fell out of love, but ended up in bed with the girl.

The guy loved his fiancee, and view his friend as just a fling, a one-night stand. But then, how can anyone think that you sleep with a person and expect the person not to feel anything? The girl started sticking to him, calling up the fiancee and told her everything, and attempted suicide in the end as she was pregnant and the guy still insisted that she was just a fling.

So my friend's friend dumped the guy, went overseas and refused to hear from him any longer. Good choice! So my friend was just saying that why would a guy just fall into temptation so easily, despite claiming that he loves his girlfriend / fiancee? Are all guys not to be trusted?

Well.... people always say that men can only be trusted 90%. The rest of the 10% we just have to shut our eyes and pretend not to notice. But then, how can any woman put up with the fact that their own guy is doing some hanky-panky behind her back?

Maybe as women, we are more emotional beings, so once we are in a relationship, we really go all out to make the guy happy, often to the extent of our own inconvenience or unhappiness. Like what my best friend says, when I asked her why did she give in so easily to one of her exs, she said that if you love the guy so much and when everything was so romantic and the atmosphere was there, you just could not help yourself.

I do not have that experience, so I cannot really comment on that. But she did say that somehow she feels guys only want sex. When she was unhappy, her ex tried to comfort her by wanting to sleep with her, but she refused. When she was moody and stressed, he also wanted to sleep with her.

But she did say that sex with someone you love and someone you do not is totally different. She had been seeing her ex on and off for the past few years, and each time they see each other, they ended up ...... But she said that the feelings are no longer there, so the entire process is like nothing to her now.

She did tell me though that another friend of hers just broke up with her ex because she realised the guy had been two-timing her. The thing is that her friend is also saving herself for marriage, but realises that her ex had been sleeping with the other girl, which got her thinking that perhaps the reason the guy two-timed her in the first place was due to sex?

Sometimes I wonder did my exs dumped me because the other girl(s) offered them sex? Are men all like that? Is it really useless to keep your integrity and honour and save yourself for the person you are going to marry if the person can just turn around and betray your love and trust just to satisfy his own urges?

I suppose I cannot say that now since I have also already done it, but sometimes I wonder, all these years I have been in relationships, does it not matter that I fought to keep my virginity intact when in the end, the guy I was with ended up with someone who is willing to sleep with him?

If sex was what the guys wanted in the first place, why did they not ask me? Alright, perhaps I might not have agreed, since I never agreed to do it each time my third ex pestered me, but for my first two guys, they should not have claimed that they would not do it for religious reason, then in the end slept with another girl who offered herself to them.

My best friend said that there are some jokers who ask if she can be their lover with no strings attached, to which she gave a firm no. Of course not! How can any guy even ask a girl that question?

If sex is what a guy wants, he can just fork out some cash and pay a professional to satisfy his longing. Doing it with a mere acquaintance or friend is just disgusting; it is like the girl is worse than a prostitute as she is giving free sex, since even prostitues get paid for sex.

But one thing is that once you start, you keep on going. After the first time, there will be a second time, a third time, etc. Perhaps for a guy, he may just be bodily attached to a girl, but for a girl, once she gives up her chastity, it is a physical and emotional attachment.

Thus a girl treats sex as a much more serious issue. She must really love the guy very very much before she even considers going all the way with him. I do not know about other girls, but for both my best friend and me, we do not believe in just doing the act with any mere person.

We do not believe that we can just have sex with anyone and not be attached to the person. That thought itself disgusts me. If I am such a person in the first place, I could have lost my virginity years ago, either to my then-boyfriend, or even any of my close guy friends (luckily they are rather decent people who treats me with respect).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...