Lilypie

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Price Of Beauty ....

Lately I have been thinking, with technological advances in the medical field, there are so many cosmetic surgeries available. Since I will be going for LASIK sooner or later anyway, and I am still considering going for slimming treatments, why not just go for the entire package?

I have said that I like all my body parts natural, partly also I dread being under any needles or knives, but then what if one’s natural beauty is not that great in the first place? Especially when one ages, their looks will go, and even with all the beauty products available, it is inevitable that they will one day look withered.

Some people will scoff about the extent people go to just to look good. But who does not want to look good? Girls all want to look good. There is a saying that there are no ugly women, only lazy ones. Rather true actually, since looking good needs effort. Even guys want to look good, as evidenced by the extensive male clientele at beauty parlours in recent years.

Of course I will not go so far as to go for a liposuction or breast enlargement (although I am so tempted to), but I like to change certain parts of my features to make them better. Going to the gym or getting involved in physical activities, or going for slimming treatments and adhering to a strict diet will be able to make one’s body toned and slim, but no amount of exercising or beauty treatments or makeup can alter one’s facial features.

True, now people use makeup to create a double eyelids effect, or to contour their cheeks, or to recede their broader features, but these are not permanent. These last only as long as you do not wash your face.

What I like is to get rid of the fine lines around my eyes, slim down my jaw line and sharpen my nose bridge. My face is a bit broad thus my cheeks really puff up when I smile, and I cannot simply stop smiling just because I want to look slim, otherwise people will think me so rude and arrogant.

I have known all along that my nose bridge is very flat, but it was only after I saw myself in my friend’s wedding video that that feature is so obvious despite makeup that I decided I seriously need to do something to lift up my face.

And I am still a bit young to have any wrinkles whatsoever. A botox will cure that, especially since I still plan to be a bride one day, and a bride must always look her best. I have friends who go for botox, corrective surgery to slim their cheeks, and double eyelid surgeries before their wedding, and they look so great on their big days!

Not just wedding, the looks will stay almost the rest of the life if we continue with our skin care and beauty regime. And even if we age, we may age more gracefully if we look better. I want to still look twenty-ish even when I am middle-aged!

3 comments:

Richard said...

I know my words will have no meaning for you (because they seem to have none for my wife) ... women seriously underestimate their beauty.

I think there are many who would like to be as pretty as you.

You have symmetrical and well proportioned features. I see no problem with your nose or your chin (and you were generous enough to provide a large picture of yourself).

Of course, I am different (always different) from other people. I prefer to focus on the deep rather than the superficial.

However, I cannot deny that I am drawn to beauty. I cannot deny that when I look in a mirror I lament the loss of my youth - I have gained weight, I look pale and tired, my skin is no longer elastic, I have grey hairs (fortunately it gets lost in the dirty blond hair). Once you hit around 40 aging becomes much more noticeable - I notice it in myself, in my friends. Friends of mine who are 50ish, look even older.

Youth escapes all of us and we have to focus on building our lives on something less transient.

My wife is always looking for ways to improve her beauty and calls me an ingrate because I love her for being her, not for the time she spends trying to make herself beautiful.

angie bern said...

hey, richard! you are spot on... really think most women underestimate their beauty!

celia, you are gorgeous! there is nothing really that requires any altering... for the greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart... and from the little i have gleaned, you are even more beautiful in your heart... =)

shakespeareheroine said...

THanks a lot, both of you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...