Lilypie

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Do Things Happen For A Purpose?

Do things happen for a purpose? Christians will say that it is God that make all things possible, and whatever that happens is His wil and His purpose and function for you in your life.

Others will say it is fate. But sometimes due to coincidences or things that happen, other things (good or bad) also happen. I guess all comes in a package - the people you meet, the things you do, the things that are being done to you.

Looking back on recent years, I am grateful to the things that have happened to me, to the people I have met, be they good or bad. Although my luck seems better only recently, in a way, I am still appreciative of all the negative things that have happened to me.

If my parents never brought me up the way they did, I could have been like my youngest brother - spoilt, arrogant, stuck-up, self-centred. My mum gave the excuse that National Service will mould him and whip him into a better person, but we shall see.

If I have never met a string of self-centred guys, I would never have finally realised my worth, that I deserve better, that I do not need to be treated the way I had been treated.

If I have not been in and out of jobs, I would never have landed this job, ended up working in this company, and met someone I never expected to meet!

Maybe things happen at different stages for a purpose. Perhaps one must experience heartache and abuse before one can appreciate the other little things in life. Perhaps only through sadness and bad luck can one experience happiness and good luck.

Afterall, as the saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining!

3 comments:

Richard said...

I generally believe that things happen to us randomly - I have never been a believer in destiny.

Ole' Wolvie said...

A strong of?

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie : Sorry, Supposed to be "A series of ....". Wonder how I made that error?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...