Lilypie

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sense And Sensibility

Lately I have been experiencing strange vibes. Some people will say it is a sign, others call it women's instincts. But whatever it is, whenever I have strange vibes like this something unpleasant happens to me.

The first time I experienced this was a few years back, where I went on the Sydney wedding trip and came back with a change in status. As and when, I would experience vibes like this, and always something unpleasant happens.

The last time I felt like this, I lost a job I loved. Now for the past few days, these feelings have become stronger and stronger. I really wonder what will happen to me this time. Afterall, a woman's instinct is always the strongest where things are concerned.

Perhaps I am just being too sensitive, or perhaps I am thinking too much (as always!), but somehow I link these vibes to two things - my job and my relationship.

Job wise, I had this feeling something would happen especially since my supervisor is finding every opportunity to pick on me, but I was just told yesterday that I can handle more responsibilities, so I guess that is a good sign.

Relationship wise, sometimes I hate myself for being so demanding. It is a different thing being with someone much older and someone who is my age. Guys my age (or rather, the ones I had been with) would never let me have my own freedom, would insist on me spending all my time with them, would whine if they did not get their ways.

But they are romantic and know how to woo a girl with class and finery, know how to compose poems and love songs for her. However, they are more immature, even more than me! Thus, instead of putting up with my nonsense, I have to put up with them. Instead of being emotionally there for me, I always have to be emotionally there for them.

An older guy (not all, since some I met are pricks too) gives you your own space, supports everything you do, will not throw tantrums (at least my guy will not), and really makes sure you have a good time on a date.

However, they are probably more reserved in expressing their feelings. Of course if you really love a person, you do not even need to say it out, but I guess girls, especially for someone like me who is so emotionally high-strung, may feel more reassured if he can tell me he loves me. Just three words.

At times I also wonder how much he misses me when we are not together. Afterall, only if you stop missing or pining for someone, then the love has ended. He is always on my mind, but at times I wonder if I am always in his mind.

Sometimes why do guys not take the initiative to just reassure their girlfriends? Do they need to be told all the time what to do? It is not that I do not trust him, but hearing it from his mouth how much I am wanted makes me feel good about myself.

It is not wrong to be reserved, as I can be rather reserved as well, but perhaps I may feel more secure if he reassures me? All the more so especially lately I have this feeling that something is going on or going to go wrong. Or maybe I am just demanding too much and thinking too much.

But then, I must give him credit that he is able to put up with me in the first place already. It is so hard to find someone like me as most people deem me wierd due to my thinking, my beliefs, my ideals and my hobbies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...