Lilypie

Monday, May 1, 2006

May Day! May Day!

I love the song "First Of May" by The BeeGees. Today, the first of May, happens to be Labour Day, or what is more commonly termed "May Day", a public holiday. And luckily this time it happens to be a Monday, so we sort of got a long weekend off (if I did not have to go back to work last Saturday).

May is about the middle of the year. Time really flies so fast. It was as if in the blink of an eye, the year is almost half over. What had happened in the last few years of my life ever since the new century started?

May 2000 I was struggling with examinations. May 2001 I got officially posted out as a teacher. May 2002 I was setting and marking students' examination papers (and almost getting high blood pressure as a result).

May 2003 I was in between relatioships. May 2004 I decided to quit being a teacher. May 2005, I had my debut performance at the Esplanade Theatre, bought my digital camera, upgraded my mobile phone, officially started blogging and got dumped for the third time.

Now, May 2006, what will happen? At least I am now a baptized and Confirmed Catholic. I am struggling with examinations (again!).

And it will soon be the first anniversary of my blog. Wow! That is an achievement indeed, no matter how minor, because I finally started on something and kept it going, and never even knew it would go so far!

Happy May Day to all of you! Have a happy and enjoyable holiday!

2 comments:

Anonymous_X said...

And it will soon be the first anniversary of my blog.

Celebration at Ayam Penyet Ria? ;>

shakespeareheroine said...

On! Which branch you like?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...