Lilypie

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

How To Tell If He Stops Loving You?

I seem to have lost my inspiration the past few days, partly due to my brain cells being used up from too much mugging. In the end, all came to nought as my exam was unexpectedly postponed due to certain matters.

I shall not dwell too much on it, except that the situation calls for me being in different places at the same time, and being human, I cannot split myself into so many parts. So, although I do not like to do this, I had to call the university and asked for a postponement of the paper.

Thus, the paper would be pushed to the next semester. I had to resit this paper (luckily not retake the whole module), and all the credits I earned from the work done will be pushed to the next semester, which means I have to take an extra paper next semester.

A friend just asked me this question : How can you tell if he no longer loves you? How would you know if he wants out of the relationship?

Hard to answer actually because everyone is different. Maybe some guys are just more reserved at showing love. But how does one show love anyway? By saying mushy things or telling you how wonderful you are? Love is not on words alone.

She says that she fears perhaps he is getting sick of her, because nowadays when she asked him out, he does not want to go out sometimes, does not reply to all her messages, and no longer reply to mushy messages.

What is the big deal anyway? Everybody need their own space. The guy does not have to agree to go out all the time or answer all messages.

Does a guy stop loving a girl if he is more interested in going out with his friends, or watching television or playing computer games at home than going out and meeting with her? Hard to answer actually.

If they have been meeting up everyday, then it is reasonable that he will want some time to do his own stuff, get involved in his own recreation. If they have not been going out for the past month or so because he always wants to stay home and play games, then it is questionable.

Does he stop loving her if he throws tantrums? From my experience, a guy who throws tantrums is not likely to get better; rather he will get worse. My friend says that he will bang things when he is angry, but he has not hit her. Well.... does she want to wait until he hits her then?

I think the fundamental thing is trust. One just have to trust that your partner loves you. I guess I do not really have much experience in this area too, as in the past, all the guys who said they loved me all broke their promises of commitment one by one.

But then without trust, the relationship cannot continue. Distrust leads to communication breakdown, misunderstandings and culminates into quarrels and arguments. Sometimes it is better not to probe too much and just go with one's instincts.

4 comments:

Richard said...

I do not believe love ends. If it ends it was not love.

It may have been a good feeling, but in the end it was not love. People confuse feeling good with love. Love is founded on commitment. Without the commitment, you have not love. As I've mentioned before, I think people put the cart before the horse: go for the good feelings and hope that commitment comes out the other end. I think commitment should be proven up front and then go for the good feelings. Otherwise you are just fooling yourself and wasting your time.

If your friends bf is violent, then she should seriously reconsider. My wife used to work as a lawyer for victims of domestic abuse. Victims of abuse are always in denial: "He will never hurt me. It was just one time. I got in the way. I deserved it. etc ..."

Ole' Wolvie said...

How to tell? Ask, and listen, carefully.

She might not like the answer though.

imp said...

you know when you're in love. you know when you fall out of love.

Similarly, you know when the guy's into you and when he's no longer that into you.

Feelings.

shakespeareheroine said...

Richard : I agree. I've been with guys who hit me before, and it was not a one-time thing. If it happened once, it could happen again from my experience.

Ole Wolvie : Maybe, but then she might be feeling too sensitive as well.

Imp : True, sometimes we can just feel it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...